Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Whats your hunting footwear????

AB Precision

Re: Whats your hunting footwear????

How do you go with sticks an other shit you walk on when bush stalking?

sent from my Samsung s3 using tapatalk 2

Has anyone had any experience with Hanwag boots? Be interested if anyone has owned a pair. Am looking at a pair of the Hanwag Alaska's for myself.

I have a pai of GRI sport Mohaka boots. They are by far the best boot i have used, really comfortable and have good grip. Previously I had the GRI sport hunters and they fell apart in no time. It is hard to be quiet in the bush but it doesn't help having size 12 feet!

Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    How do you go with sticks an other shit you walk on when bush stalking?

sent from my Samsung s3 using tapatalk 2
    Thats why I have flexy soled boots Stony creek rusas, first model was very compact and light but sole was hard plastic that was lethal on wet stones and noisy on hard surfaces, the new model has a much better sole but not as compact.

I always wear high top lace ups at work and feel naked and unprotected in a low boot.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Ever seen the Crispi boots ? They have a Swatt model with a (crispi)sole wich is non-slip. They also have the same model with vibram sole. They might not be as strong as a heavy hunting boot, but probably very comfortable. Those swatt teams need a good, supple, comfortable, non slip boot.

Crispi Shoes - Snow - Outdoor - Country Spirit - Safety - Stile

Quote Originally Posted by sakokid View Post
    i use to like ashleys calf high until this one time i backpacked about a hundred kms up the poulter river in canty. by the time i got to where i wanted to go i had two deep rings around both legs which of course became infected and pussy.great i was there for a few days and it made my trip hell. so when i returned home i threw them over a steep bank. never worn ashleys since. still have the ring around one leg.
    I ended up with a ring around one finger 38 years ago, and things still get septic sometimes. Managed to score a silly spiker last weekend though, but her in-doors doesnt appreciate me killing bambi's. Oh well - I don't like her Coro Street either.
    Everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Thats why I have flexy soled boots Stony creek rusas, first model was very compact and light but sole was hard plastic that was lethal on wet stones and noisy on hard surfaces, the new model has a much better sole but not as compact.

I always wear high top lace ups at work and feel naked and unprotected in a low boot.
    Thank Christ you guys agree with the Rusa boots. I have spent more time on my arse in creeks since getting those boots, than in the previous 20 years. They have given my son many hours of fun watching me piroetting around like a demented ballet dancer in the streams. It's back to the Ashleys for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentil View Post
    Thank Christ you guys agree with the Rusa boots. I have spent more time on my arse in creeks since getting those boots, than in the previous 20 years. They have given my son many hours of fun watching me piroetting around like a demented ballet dancer in the streams. It's back to the Ashleys for me.
    Have you got the old model or the new model?

same old story everyone ends up back at the bullers or ashleys. must be something in that.

I hunt in Stoney Creek Rusa Greywacke boots and they seem to do the job for me. Hunted in the old stoney creek rusa boots and as stated by the others they were terrible on wet rocks but magic in the bush, since moving to the Greywacke haven't had any problems other than they get pretty heavy when wet, but what boot doesn't.

got me a pair of gri sport boots for stalking otherwise just me gumboots

SiB
    Red Setters - just start them with generous amount of the sno-????? leather treatment and they're like gloves very quickly and nicely flexible. Good grip on wet or dry. for weight I was happy with my Kathmandu hikers, but they quickly rotted out on the suede 'fold', and the (vibram) soles were very slippery.

I always replace any boot's innersole with a quality gel-type innersole - have never had blisters underneath - usually toenails too long can be the problem area.

Interestingly my 1st pair of red setters separated from their sole after 2 trips - sent them back to manufacturer, who replaced no questions asked. replacement pair have done me 12 months+ and am confident they'll be good for a year or 2 more.

Good socks with gel innersole is the trick in my book.

I totally confess to having soft feet - even a gravel driveway in bare feet is an ordeal for me.

Have you got the old model or the new model?

You talking about the boots or the missus??

The boots mate I have both, The first ones were lethal on wet rock. The new ones are good but not as compact.

The boots mate I have both, The first ones were lethal on wet rock. The new ones are good but not as compact.
    Must be the old ones. My bloody son has renamed a few river "Swan River" after my ballet twirls. The best one started on one side of the stream, and after a drunken stumbling run, ended up back at the starting point, arse over kite.
    Oh yeah - helluva funny!
    veitnamcam likes this.