Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Allgood
  • 2 Post By Allgood
  • 1 Post By moonhunt
  • 1 Post By Allgood

Thread: Woodhill Ballot.

Woodhill Ballot.

Ballot applications should be up on the WFMC website in the next couple of days.

Fee is the same as last year to enter the ballot ( $30)..........However there will be a Fencing levy on those who are successful in drawing a ballot of $60 per block.
    This is to continue with the fencing program started some years ago.
    The Ototoa Reserve fence was completed 2 years ago and we are in the final stages of completing the Hodges Basin Reserve fence.

Last year I received correspondence from a few disgruntled applicants who expressed anger at the Landowners being allocated a hunting block each weekend. The main thrust of their displeasure was that removing a hunting block from the draw lengthened the odds against them................However the overwhelming majority of ballot applicants didn't object and were comfortable with this.

This year the same procedure ( Landowners blocks) will be operating...........so if you feel that removing a block to provide for the landowners to hunt their own land is unfair, I suggest you don't apply for a ballot.

Hunts courses will be run by NZDA branches and the 2 blocks south of Wilson Rd will be utilised for these ( same as last year)..................so I suggest that those who are new to hunting contact their local NZDA branch and enquire about hunts courses.

Just a reminder: Muzzle loaders/Black powder rifles and Tracer rounds are prohibited along with thermal imagers/night vision and suppressors...so if you are intending to use a flintlock fitted with a suppressor and night vision.......................you had better go buy a new rifle... ...........( as if any of us need an excuse for a new 'shooter)

As per previous years I will be available either through the WFMC website or here to help with any queries you have and I look forward to meeting some of you 'on the hill' during the season.

Cheers
    Allgood.
    moonhunt, Barefoot and DanS like this.

I forgot to send my return back, that's me fkd for this year ?
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    OPCz

Hi Allgood. Why are supressors not allowed or did i read it wrong?

I seem to remember it is to let the people who do the patrols to have a better idea of number of shots fired in the forest and the like.
    It also makes it easier to find dumb asses who shoot at animals crossing the main tracks and put other hunters at risk.

@Allgood I'd like to actually get a block this year please, I can only coat tail on other peoples ballot success for so long

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    I seem to remember it is to let the people who do the patrols to have a better idea of number of shots fired in the forest and the like.
    It also makes it easier to find dumb asses who shoot at animals crossing the main tracks and put other hunters at risk.

@Allgood I'd like to actually get a block this year please, I can only coat tail on other peoples ballot success for so long
    You are onto it regarding suppressors Barefoot.

With regards to the ballot, I am like you................I rely on my friends generosity...................I haven't been drawn for the last 6 years. And when I did coat tail on my mates draw last year I donated the meat from the doe I had a permit for to the TAKH day as we were short of meat for the BBQ...............Then I missed out on eating any of it as I was too busy rounding up the kids & dads to take them into their blocks!!!
    Barefoot and mikee like this.

will loan you my good luck card Barefoot
    Barefoot likes this.
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    OPCz

Hate to be negative but it's becoming too much of a small odds lottery for me. Could have paid for one with the money spent over the last few years. Never mind I guess that is the way things are going.

Quote Originally Posted by moonhunt View Post
    will loan you my good luck card Barefoot
    I'd settle for your magic rain dance please, it keeps missing the forest at the moment

Thanks @Allgood for the update. Ill be throwing my name in the mix again this year.
    @bsa89 Keen son??
    Last edited by Sniper; 07-03-2015 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Spelling troubles

Information up and applications for ballot now accepted

@Allgood Hi mate. I was just wondering what the deadline was for applications? Cheers, Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
    @Allgood Hi mate. I was just wondering what the deadline was for applications? Cheers, Tim
    7th April 2015 is when the ballot closes.
    Cheers
    Allgood
    Sniper likes this.