Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: WorkSafe: hunting on farmland

Its pretty simple stuff @Gibo (emergency response, first aid, communications, site hazards map, etc.) and yep I have been in touch with @BRADS - although he hasn't actually replied to my offer of some "advice". Also I have a couple of simple documents to complete / improve following what we learnt with them at the last event.

All fun and games, but the offer for advice or a look at our shoot set up and running procedures is there.
    Gibo likes this.
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

I've been following this thread with interest. I've been told to sort our H&S out for our work place and sites.
    Most of the boys have all ways known the rules and do their best to comply. We find we are hindered due to owners lack of understanding or more likely there will full blindness. Works kind of like a handbrake. People would like to comply, but don't receive the appropriate direction or support from the company. Old way was do just enough to pass. New rules are you must do everything that is practable.
    All of a sudden boss is interested and has major concerns..... Why, cause he now realises that he has his cock on the block no excuses. Suddenly it's open budget to comply. To be honest rules haven't really changed bugger all. So don't get yr panties all bunched up. Difference is if you fuck up they are coming for you, and every one up the chain is going to pay in differing degrees.
    Everyone is required to abide by H&S legislation, no excuses you cannot opt out, but now they are going to start with on the spot infringements from the man on the floor to the leading hand,the line manager to the fat cat at the top. Get yr wallet ready! The infringements are going to pay for the inspectors salaries.
    For example We have had to go do Dangerous goods approved handlers certificates. I would think some of you farmers would need to do this as well. I was dreading it, but to be honest it was interesting and put us on the right track.
    Everything has been pretty easy to achieve, plenty of good govt web sites to give you templates and good information. Worst bit has been down loading and checking the 300 odd MSDS of all the different products we use and or store on our sites. Took about 7 days.
    The industry's are full of different small business trying to scare the pants off everyone at the moment hooking into the compliance gold mine. Save yr self a bit off coin and do your research.
    It's not hard.
    This year is carrot time, next year stick. Inspectors will turn up and hit the first guy , girl at the gate or door with basics. If they can't answer the fine book comes out. They are on your site 1st thing, if they are not inducted, they must sign in as a visitor. Do they have the appropriate PPE, no tell them to leave. Next will be "can you show me your emergency procedures?, or your MSDS folders, you have ten minutes" or instant fines will be handed out.
    Our H&S stats are pretty grim reading compared to other OECD's, so they got the big stick out.

My brother owns a mechanics workshop, he had a H&S lady arrive and try to bully her way in. He told her to go away get some hivis, boots ect then come back and sign in as a visitor.

Here is the new fact sheet from Walking Access Commission.

Latest News » Walking Access Commission
    veitnamcam likes this.

Good to see them putting some clear guidance out there
    scottrods likes this.