Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree411Likes

Thread: Would you leave?? what would you do if this happens to you?

I reckon you did the right thing

Everyone carries a camera these days, I would've got a pic of the spankcarrot and done it really obviously too and taken pics of his vehicle

Not that the cops are good for anything but I reckon lay a complaint - people behaving like fuckwits shouldn't have access to firearms

If he's that much of an arse to three armed guys, how often do ya reckon he slaps the missus around?

To be fair I would have been a bit farked of if some fullas rolled up at 1am and woke me up, would of put the bloke in a bloody bad mood. We have walked into huts in the dark and woken everyone up and also had it happen to us. Annoying when you take a few more hours off work or whatever to get there early then someone rolls up late. Cant do anything about it tho.

I would have done the same as you tho, as long as you gave them the genuine first option of where to hunt which you did.

As for vandalism, what cock heads. Cant trust people in the north island around hunting areas, south island seems pretty good

You should have backed out and found another spot to camp till morning...in this particular case I think you were wrong.
    Pengy likes this.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    I would have stayed, its very easy to remain civil and work things out to everyones advantage, and it appears you tried that. So balls now in your court, you did the right thing. Now make a complaint to the cops, they probably wont do anything, but at least your complaint will be on record. And next time keep your camera or phone turned on to video but in your pocket - it will record everything for you without anyone else knowing whats happening. Very good evidence IF needed at a later date.
    Thats a good point Husky.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah nah bro

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt.

Gone but not forgotten Gapped axe's Avatar
    Confront him about it, you've got his rego easy enough to track him down thru it. I bet he's shitting himself waiting for you to respond. Or go back and grab the camera and leave a note where he can come and pick it up from after the damage has been rectified, doing nothing is not an option.
    mucko and thomas like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

I just can't be bothered with this sort of crap, life is too short. I would have moved on. So for me, there wouldn't have been a story to tell.
    7mmsaum, Timmay, 199p and 9 others like this.

Working on a Friday then traveling to your hunt site is how it is for most people wanting to make the most of a weekend. Nothing wrong with what you did. The attitude of this other guy is pretty shit unless you arrived banging and clanging your pots and pans. If you rolled up, saw another vehicle/tent then went into quiet mode as to not disturb the other hunters then you have done good.
    What was this guys mate like? Seems that they must frequent this area quite a bit if they had a camera set up. May be that they are doing a pre-roar reccy.
    Doing a paint job is pretty low and reflects that this guy must be a right arsehole to stoop so low. Bit of a coward really.
    Would be interesting if you did turn up on his doorstep

Id be knocking on the pricks door and asking him a few questions as to just exactly what he thought he was doing?

R93

Would you leave?? what would you do if this happens to you?

I guess I have been spoilt over the years as there is always somewhere else to go, where I live, but I am sure I would have left them to it, no matter how big the country.
    It is a unspoken etiquette where I live. If there was that much country to hunt it should not have been hard to find another spot.
    I cant stand hunting anywhere near anyone I don't know anyway.
    On the other hand they were major cocks anyway, to damage your vehicle.
    Last edited by R93; 11-03-2014 at 09:14 AM.
    7mmsaum, Barefoot, Munsey and 4 others like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

It's a tough call whether you were right to stay there or not. However I don't think it justifies damaging someone's property, what a prima doņa. I'd mention it to the cops (maybe embellish your story a little ), and while vigilante justice always seems like a good idea, I would not do anything retaliatory, sorta makes you as bad as him.

I see some of your points for me to move on, but as it was 1am and we all tired and not in the mood to go driving around more to find another area, we decided to stay. How ever, if it was daylight and early enough to look for another spot I probably would have, I didn't expect to see any body else their, but as he woke when we turned up, I went over to talk to him. It's not as if we roared up to the clearing (camp site area) and made lots of noise, I did what most guys would have done. And I did give him first choice of the hunting area, thats the least I could have done. Your gonna get this at this time of year I guess, as we were also doing a roar reccy. Just look at Clements mill road in the roar, those little park ups on the side of the road are all ways full during the roar. And I'm sure people rock on up all the time and park next to someone else. I've been in his situation before, when I've been asleep at a spot and someone else has turned up late, you have a we chat and say Hi, be polite, where ya hunting and that sort of stuff, ya don't cause a bitch fight about it, your there to enjoy yourselves. And then vandalism to other people property, thats fukin LOW!!
    mucko and Spoon like this.

There is no proof that these people damaged your vehicle and as you didn't notice it till after arriving home I would imagine the damage was not significant. I also doubt they did the damage as they had left gear [their camera] in the area and there is no way they could gamble on you not finding the marks till you got home...care to post some pics of said damage?
    It takes 3 minutes to jump out of your vehicle, slip into your sleeping bag and keep the peace and quiet, why you felt it was necessary to set up camp is anybody's guess...it was only 5 hours till daylight...they were there first, show some consideration in the future.
    bully likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    There is no proof that these people damaged your vehicle and as you didn't notice it till after arriving home I would imagine the damage was not significant. I also doubt they did the damage as they had left gear [their camera] in the area and there is no way they could gamble on you not finding the marks till you got home...care to post some pics of said damage?
    It takes 3 minutes to jump out of your vehicle, slip into your sleeping bag and keep the peace and quiet, why you felt it was necessary to set up camp is anybody's guess...it was only 5 hours till daylight...they were there first, show some consideration in the future.
    For 1: The knife marks are "fresh" like deer shit, you know if it's fresh or not, and I would have seen them b4, 2: I didn't go over my truck with a fine tooth comb inspecting for any scratches, 3: like to see you take 3 minutes if you arrived at a spot to find someone else there!!!!!! 4: I wasn't going to be bullied around at 1am in the morning!!!! 5: consideration ...I gave him first hunting right s to the area!!!!!!. 6: Go and put your head in the sand
    Last edited by kingstoncowboy; 11-03-2014 at 03:51 PM.
    sambnz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kingstoncowboy View Post
    For 1: The knife marks are "fresh" and I would have seen them b4, 2: I didn't go over my truck with a fine tooth comb inspecting for any scratches, 3: like to see you take 3 minutes if you arrived at a spot to find someone else there!!!!!! 4: I wasn't going to be bullied around at 1am in the morning!!!! 5: consideration ...I gave him first hunting right s to the area!!!!!!. 6: Go and put your head up your arse!!
    You didn't give him fuck all in the way of hunting rights...he was there first.
    Your head-up-the-arse attitude is why you ended up in this situation.
    So you needed a fine tooth comb to find the marks...cant have been significant marks.

By your attitude Spook, you'd be Just as bad to deal with in this situation, I pity the guy that bumps into you in the bush.
    I haven't mention that he left a message on my back windscreen threatening me either.
    Scratches to my vehicle as requested Spook. Bad enough to "significant"! And if they were old they would have rust marks starting by now.
    Name:  IMG_5280.jpg
Views: 1096
Size:  1,009.8 KBName:  IMG_5281.jpg
Views: 1034
Size:  1,020.0 KB 2 short scratches and a longer one curving down ... definitely not from branches!