Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Your First...

Did the Brno have a pop up sight BH? Mine does tucked under the scope and I hope to use it one day...

Quote Originally Posted by Leegaard View Post
    Attachment 21669
    My first red deer. From our 2013 feb trip to NZ. All the way from Denmark, just to hunt. We'll be back the 1st of april.
    That's a wicked picture Leegaard!

Quote Originally Posted by Rusky View Post
    Did the Brno have a pop up sight BH? Mine does tucked under the scope and I hope to use it one day...
    nah mate this one doesn't, not that I can remember anyway. Its scoped now and the sights have been taken off.

The mozzies really got us, that evening! We ran like to screaming girls all the way to the hut, just to find more mozzies……..
    7mmsaum and Scouser like this.

This is someones first and they need to own up! But in the words of Shaggy, "It wasn't me!"
    Name:  1779215_780823251928401_1004148196_n.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  40.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Pengy View Post
    Is that you Pengy parachuting in to check out nibblets brazilian home stay
    OPCz

If in doubt double tap

Quote Originally Posted by Mick666 View Post
    This is someones first and they need to own up! But in the words of Shaggy, "It wasn't me!"
    Attachment 21959
    Mick youre Sick

First Muntjac

First Robbinhood

First pig

First Chamois

First Tahr
    moonhunt, Bavarian_Hunter and Toby like this.

My first would have been 30 years ago, a young hind standing front on about 50 m away going on dark with my Grandad's .303 that didn't shoot straight. Actually it shot straight enough, just not where the sights said it should! I think it shot about a 6" group about 6" to the right at 50 m! Anyway I was quietly walking up the clearing when this hind rounded the windrow ahead of me, not sure who was more startled, me or it. Probably it was because I moved first. To understand what happened next just picture most of my shooting to that point was with a shotgun, or snapshooting pukes with a .22 before they flew (no lectures on this please lol there were thousands of them!) and this was the first deer I'd seen while actually hunting them, let alone shot at. I ripped of a couple of snapshots and they bloody thing was still standing and looking at me! So I gave myself a mental uppercut, said to myself it's not a bloody shotgun so aim properly, it shoots to the right so aim left, and calm the fuck down! So I did, and I got it next shot. It all happened very quick but seemed like an eternity! So that's my story.

Last weekend I took my partners 13 year old lad into the bush for an overnighter. The little bugger is fitter than me, at his suggestion he carried more out than he took in to lighten my load, didn't even slow him down, he's a great kid. Saw plenty of sign but no luck unfortunately, not deer anyway. I got a Billy on the way in, not far from where we left the ute so he was reasonably impressed with that. I told him if we didn't get a bambi he could have a nudge at another goat on the way out. So right where I got the Billy the day before there was a Nanny standing on the bush edge bleating, obviously saying shoot me! I set him up on a log, but I could have kicked myself, I didn't make sure he was set right,he was lying all wrong and had the rifle too loose on his shoulder, he let rip, missed the goat, got a hell of a kick to his shoulder and kissed by the scope. Poor bugger, I was really dirty on myself, told him it was my fault, I was really worried he wouldn't have another crack. We went after some others a bit further down, convinced him that if he got himself set right he wouldn't feel a thing. Thankfully he believed me, picked out a good size Billy then waited till it presented for a decent shot. Round he came, I said righto let him have it, and he nailed it, right where I told him to! One of the most satisfying hunting moments I've had, the look on his face said it all. I can't wait now until I get him onto something decent he can really skite about!
    Here he is
    Name:  IMG_4038.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  1.08 MB
    Last edited by Mick666; 22-03-2014 at 03:02 PM. Reason: spelling

M03
    No Photo of my first Deer, but I remember it took me forever to "stumble across" my first. I wasn't sure at first, I was so used to not seeing deer I thought it must be a Jersey Cow! Then got a bit of a shock when I realised I was looking at a real live Deer! At the shot it took off, and I thought I couldn't of missed that! So went for a bit of a look, and blow me down, my first Deer, a spiker was on the ground in front of me. I was so proud I just gutted it and carried the thing out whole. From then on my deer stalking career was on its way :-)
    phillipgr, Toby, Scouser and 1 others like this.

My first proper hunt was with my dad in Wanganui. As you can see they framed the photo this hunt for my 30th birthday. The cool thing was that along with the photo Dad actually gave me the 30 carbine that you can see in the photo. Family heirlooms now. I'm gonna get my boys to shoot their first animals with it too hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    moonhunt, Toby, Scouser and 1 others like this.
    "That is ever the way of the Highlander. He alters like a clear pool to every mood of the sky, so that the shallow observer knows not how deep the waters are."

Quote Originally Posted by Mick666 View Post
    My first would have been 30 years ago, a young hind standing front on about 50 m away going on dark with my Grandad's .303 that didn't shoot straight. Actually it shot straight enough, just not where the sights said it should! I think it shot about a 6" group about 6" to the right at 50 m! Anyway I was quietly walking up the clearing when this hind rounded the windrow ahead of me, not sure who was more startled, me or it. Probably it was because I moved first. To understand what happened next just picture most of my shooting to that point was with a shotgun, or snapshooting pukes with a .22 before they flew (no lectures on this please lol there were thousands of them!) and this was the first deer I'd seen while actually hunting them, let alone shot at. I ripped of a couple of snapshots and they bloody thing was still standing and looking at me! So I gave myself a mental uppercut, said to myself it's not a bloody shotgun so aim properly, it shoots to the right so aim left, and calm the fuck down! So I did, and I got it next shot. It all happened very quick but seemed like an eternity! So that's my story.

Last weekend I took my partners 13 year old lad into the bush for an overnighter. The little bugger is fitter than me, at his suggestion he carried more out than he took in to lighten my load, didn't even slow him down, he's a great kid. Saw plenty of sign but no luck unfortunately, not deer anyway. I got a Billy on the way in, not far from where we left the ute so he was reasonably impressed with that. I told him if we didn't get a bambi he could have a nudge at another goat on the way out. So right where I got the Billy the day before there was a Nanny standing on the bush edge bleating, obviously saying shoot me! I set him up on a log, but I could have kicked myself, I didn't make sure he was set right,he was lying all wrong and had the rifle too loose on his shoulder, he let rip, missed the goat, got a hell of a kick to his shoulder and kissed by the scope. Poor bugger, I was really dirty on myself, told him it was my fault, I was really worried he wouldn't have another crack. We went after some others a bit further down, convinced him that if he got himself set right he wouldn't feel a thing. Thankfully he believed me, picked out a good size Billy then waited till it presented for a decent shot. Round he came, I said righto let him have it, and he nailed it, right where I told him to! One of the most satisfying hunting moments I've had, the look on his face said it all. I can't wait now until I get him onto something decent he can really skite about!
    Here he is
    Attachment 22003

Brilliant Mick....the lads smile says it all, well done mate!!!!
    Mick666 likes this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Scouser View Post
    Brilliant Mick....the lads smile says it all, well done mate!!!!
    Thanks

My eldest son with his first goat, a good billy

Name:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  1.02 MB
    Timmay, Dundee, Pengy and 3 others like this.
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    OPCz

My first pig which I shot the night I got my first centerfire back in 2008 which was a charter arms field king 2000 in .243

My second pig which I shot in front of my house while it was raiding the maize silage
    moonhunt, Pengy and Scouser like this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals