Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Looking for best place to buy new lowa ranger boots, best price

Looking for best place to buy new lowa ranger boots, best price

So, I am on the best/cheapest place in NZ to buy new lowa ranger boots, after my 5 months old pair went for a little trip down a swollen creek. In hindsight it's a better idea to cross the creek with your boots on and walk with wet boots then it is to walk 10ks with bere feet so if any one is looking for a new pair of boots, they should be somewhere in the wanganui river by now. Name:  IMG_1537.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  1.04 MBName:  IMG_1537.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  1.04 MBName:  IMG_1538.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  394.3 KB

But on a serious note. I started to walk across a ten meter creek that is normally ankle deep. Today with very heavy rain over night, and the ground all ready water logged. I decided to try and cross the creek using the buddy system. I throw my boots to the other side. Started to enter the creek. By now I was balls deep in a very fast moving creek and still had the deepest part to go. And we were starting to get pushed around. The call was made not to risk the crossing. Witch was a good idea. We sat for next ten minutes and watched the creek rise by over a meter and sweep my boots away. Life is worth more then any deer or pair of boots! be safe, don't try and be a hero when it's not worth it.

Bugger. Hope they were not lowa boots you lost, if so could be covered by your contents insurance.
    Manu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dale View Post
    So, I am on the best/cheapest place in NZ to buy new lowa ranger boots, after my 5 months old pair went for a little trip down a swollen creek. In hindsight it's a better idea to cross the creek with your boots on and walk with wet boots then it is to walk 10ks with bere feet so if any one is looking for a new pair of boots, they should be somewhere in the wanganui river by now. Attachment 57058Attachment 57058Attachment 57059

But on a serious note. I started to walk across a ten meter creek that is normally ankle deep. Today with very heavy rain over night, and the ground all ready water logged. I decided to try and cross the creek using the buddy system. I throw my boots to the other side. Started to enter the creek. By now I was balls deep in a very fast moving creek and still had the deepest part to go. And we were starting to get pushed around. The call was made not to risk the crossing. Witch was a good idea. We sat for next ten minutes and watched the creek rise by over a meter and sweep my boots away. Life is worth more then any deer or pair of boots! be safe, don't try and be a hero when it's not worth it.
    That looks a lot like the crossing

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sorry stuffed that up.
    That looks a lot like the crossing at Jeremy place up the Wanganui river.

dale likes this.

Nice to see common sense prevailed better to loose ya boots than go body boarding and maybe loose you life. Boots are replacable. Try a place called the pongaroa farm centre, friend in pahiatua got a pair of ranger 2 s there said they were 200 cheaper than h&f
    Scouser and WallyR like this.

@25/08IMP that's good spotting. Yeh it is his place, I wasn't planing on going over the big water fallls. Still got 3 fellow. I really enjoy the walk from the wool shed right out to the back haha. Bear foot wasn't quite enjoyable though! And yep they were lowa ranger boots that are now swimming

What size?

Man size us13

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Nice to see common sense prevailed better to loose ya boots than go body boarding and maybe loose you life. Boots are replacable. Try a place called the pongaroa farm centre, friend in pahiatua got a pair of ranger 2 s there said they were 200 cheaper than h&f
    Yea we go their about 2, 3 times a year it's great to get meat animals

Seen a few good sized stags to, and know the area were their is a massive 20pointer. Quite steep in places but worth the effort. I just walk in and carry the deer out. Every one takes quads and that pushes a lot of deer in to hiding, but still plenty. I like taking people up there with me to shoot there first deer.
    25/08IMP likes this.

Cheapest place I found was the UK hunting gear shop, there is a thread on here somewhere about them

Myhuntingshop.com
    7mmsaum, veitnamcam and Manu like this.

And the pound just did a dive over the dollar apparently ....make the best of it

Shhhhhhh! Lowa NZ will be in here spoiling the party soon...
    veitnamcam and Manu like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Shhhhhhh! Lowa NZ will be in here spoiling the party soon...
    It's an open market! If they imported boots and sold them at 10-20% mark up I'd buy them, by Lowa Tibet's came delivered for around 280 cheapest I found in nz was 400+