Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: WTB Left hand .22lr

WTB Left hand .22lr

As above. Consider anything.
    Life is short and full of stuff..

res
    I have a left hand modified 10/22 receiver and bolt. I'm told that a std barrel just needs an extractor cut put in it.
    I got it in a pile of parts from an estate and was told the guy had done a few,but I have no idea how well it works-for all I know this is a failed prototype.
    Using Tapatalk

Thanks for the offer @res but would prefer a bolt action.
    res likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Are there no CZs around at the moment? This is the second time this question has been asked IIRC.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

R93
    I see the 455 comes with 3 barrels now?
    My cobber has one in his shop for a $1000 with .22LR .22 mag and .17 barrels.
    Nice wee rifle.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Are there no CZs around at the moment? This is the second time this question has been asked IIRC.
    the only lefties in nz when I was looking a little while ago where anshutz didn't realy want to spend that much but I'm glad I did now wont need another 22 ever again

I am not sure about what left handed bolt action rifles are out there, but there are a couple of others that that are comfortable for left handed shooters to use.

Browning semi auto take down. Magazine is a tube one in the butt stock and it ejects out the bottom. Downside is New ones are expensive ($1100 ish last time I saw one) and older second hand ones can be found nearer the $400 mark. Norinco make a copy but it needs work usually to function well. Beauty of the deign means there are no "return to zero" issues as the scope attaches to the barrel portion of the rifle.

Lever actions like the Browning and Miroku but even second hand these go for $800 or more. Norinco also makes a lever and there are others like the Henry etc. Tube magazines mean a suppressor for subs as to be very narrow if one can be used at all. The pick for a silencer would be a model 96 Ruger lever action built around the 10/22 design. Rare as unicorn poo though and it's even harder to find a good one. Its one design of two lever guns that I know of that use a box / removable magazine. The other is a Marlin model 56 and they are even rarer...

If you have seen a lefty Ansultz then I would consider it even if the budget will be thoroughly stretched for a while. I did think CZ made one but I have not seen or heard of one so I may well be mistaken.

No. Don't think they make the 425 anymore and Kilwell are out of them (they have 1 in 17HMR left). I have a 17HMR and would like a matching pair. Not so sure about the 455. Never been that keen on change barrel systems.
    Last edited by Shearer; 18-10-2015 at 10:53 AM.

Caretaker
    I have a 452 here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    I am not sure about what left handed bolt action rifles are out there, but there are a couple of others that that are comfortable for left handed shooters to use.

Browning semi auto take down. Magazine is a tube one in the butt stock and it ejects out the bottom. Downside is New ones are expensive ($1100 ish last time I saw one) and older second hand ones can be found nearer the $400 mark. Norinco make a copy but it needs work usually to function well. Beauty of the deign means there are no "return to zero" issues as the scope attaches to the barrel portion of the rifle.

Lever actions like the Browning and Miroku but even second hand these go for $800 or more. Norinco also makes a lever and there are others like the Henry etc. Tube magazines mean a suppressor for subs as to be very narrow if one can be used at all. The pick for a silencer would be a model 96 Ruger lever action built around the 10/22 design. Rare as unicorn poo though and it's even harder to find a good one. Its one design of two lever guns that I know of that use a box / removable magazine. The other is a Marlin model 56 and they are even rarer...

If you have seen a lefty Ansultz then I would consider it even if the budget will be thoroughly stretched for a while. I did think CZ made one but I have not seen or heard of one so I may well be mistaken.
    Thanks @timattalon. I used to have the Norinco semi (Browning copy) with a 2.5x long eye relief pistol scope on it. Shot pretty well and I should never have sold it.
    A suppressor is very important so I hadn't considered a lever but the Ruger does sound like a good option.
    There are CZs out there. I just have to find one.
    Lakefield (Canadian company) also do a cheapish left hand bolt but I have never had a good look at one.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    I have a 452 here

Tell me more...

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Tell me more...
    You have a pm

Shearer likes this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    No. Don't think they make the 425 anymore and Kilwell are out of them (they have 1 in 17HMR left). I have a 17HMR and would like a matching pair. Not so sure about the 455. Never been that keen on change barrel systems.
    I would be surprised if they have discontinued the 452. It would have to be one of the best CZ/Brno bread and butter offerings.
    They come up time to time for sale. If 7mmSAUM has missed your a lefty and you want one to use you are welcome to borrow mine for a while.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

I would be surprised if they have discontinued the 452. It would have to be one of the best CZ/Brno bread and butter offerings.
    They come up time to time for sale. If 7mmSAUM has missed your a lefty and you want one to use you are welcome to borrow mine for a while.
    That's a very generous offer @kiwijames but I wouldn't feel comfortable borrowing one. I will keep a look out for a second hand one.
    I am not sure if the factory has stopped making them but I know Kilwell aren't bringing the left hand 452 into the country any more. Only the 455.

depending what you want to do I had a lakefield 22 lh I do target shooting as well as hunting the lake field was ok if you just want a hunter but didn't quite cut it for target work