Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By foxhound
  • 2 Post By foxhound
  • 1 Post By ebf
  • 1 Post By Kiwi Sapper

Thread: .22 subsonic ammo

.22 subsonic ammo

Been looking around at different stores for .22 subsonic ammo as its of short supply. Go into pgg wrightsons in Whangarei they have one brick of the Winchester sub left. Usual story have you got your firearms licence, yep I hand that over and he starts entering the details into their system as well as scanning the bar code. He then asks for my address as well and I say I don't need to supply that to you and I don't want my address on your system for any one to have access to. He wont/cant sell me the ammo? Anyone else had this happen to them. I told him the only ones that need to know my address is the police and no other shops ask for address only need to sight your current licence.
    mucko likes this.

Never had anyone ask for my address though I'm not a paranoid guy and would just give the shop the address so I can get my ammo if they asked.

Yeah but its the principle and I hold a e endorsement so im not giving out my address.
    veitnamcam and mucko like this.

R93
    He is wrong you do not need to supply an address. He lost a sale I am sure his manager will be happy about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

[QUOTE=R93;251798]He is wrong you do not need to supply an address. He lost a sale I am sure his manager will be happy about.

I know he is wrong but their wrightsons system wouldn't proceed with the sale without my address being entered in the box. I could have just given him a bullshit address in hindsight because the ammo was $20 cheaper per brick than H & F.

I buy mine from the council up here in water St, cheaper than the gun shops by twenty dollars or so

Sent from my work bench
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Thanks smidey ill check out the local council in the Bay of Islands, what brand did the Whg council have I want some thing to cycle well in a 10/22 ruger. CCI subs as rare as rocking horse shit now and the ruger preferred those.

ebf
    The store is perfectly entitled to ask for your address, just as you are entitled to refuse to provide it. They can decide what process they want to put in place for selling an item.

If he is telling you that it is a legal requirement he would be wrong. If it is just an internal store policy, they can choose whether they want to sell to you or not...
    Kscott likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

It would just be so they can target you with their junk mail.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    Thanks smidey ill check out the local council in the Bay of Islands, what brand did the Whg council have I want some thing to cycle well in a 10/22 ruger. CCI subs as rare as rocking horse shit now and the ruger preferred those.
    winchester, they went sweet in my 10/22
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    It would just be so they can target you with their junk mail.
    Having worked for Fruitfed Supplies, a subsidiary of PGG Wrightson, I can dispute that.

It is, as foxhound has said, because their computerised system required it. Such systems are set up by geeks who don't know much about the world but a lot about how to put mandatory entry fields in data input screens regardless of whether they are needed or not. It was probably suggested by some head office pen pusher that an address "would be nice" and then "shit happened."

The same thing occurred when I was with them and they fiddled their system to check spray applicator licences for dangerous agricultural chemicals.
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    Having worked for Fruitfed Supplies, a subsidiary of PGG Wrightson, I can dispute that.

It is, as foxhound has said, because their computerised system required it. Such systems are set up by geeks who don't know much about the world but a lot about how to put mandatory entry fields in data input screens regardless of whether they are needed or not. It was probably suggested by some head office pen pusher that an address "would be nice" and then "shit happened."

The same thing occurred when I was with them and they fiddled their system to check spray applicator licences for dangerous agricultural chemicals.
    Yeah if they wanted to send me junk mail they could have my e mail address, It wasn't the salesman's fault it was the system that wouldn't proceed with the sale. If I had a PO Box I would have given him that.

Hey mate, the fishing tackle shop in Moerewa sell the Kilwell brand subs made by winchester, try them, I use them as target and hunting ammo as they are so ridiculously accurate in my CZ.
    Nothing else I have tried comes close to being as accurate!
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudattack View Post
    Hey mate, the fishing tackle shop in Moerewa sell the Kilwell brand subs made by winchester, try them, I use them as target and hunting ammo as they are so ridiculously accurate in my CZ.
    Nothing else I have tried comes close to being as accurate!
    Yeah I called in there they are all out of the killwell whisper brand, And he is a relative of mine haha

Haha, yeah, I stop in there all the time, they have great prices on fishing gear. Hopefully they will get some more stock soon, I am down to my last 2 boxes!
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."