Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Boar Freak
  • 4 Post By Fireflite

Thread: 9.3x62 ZKK is it worth it

9.3x62 ZKK is it worth it

Hey guys,

found a couple of used ZKK rifles what I quite like and was toying with the idea of bringing one back when I go home next time.
    What are the costs involved if you fly back with one (EU)?
    How much of a pain to get all the paperwork?

The first one is 1400 NZD from a shop with an older Swarovski 2-9x42

Name:  1400.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  171.8 KB

The other is private sale 750 NZD
    Name:  zkk-600-93x621489169446.JPG
Views: 525
Size:  692.8 KBName:  zkk-600-93x621489169475.JPG
Views: 435
Size:  892.7 KB
    ZG47 likes this.
    Nothing is tough about having a 70 lb bow and looking like an uncoordinated praying mantis while trying to draw it back.

I like that Full Stock!

Looks like the second one has the original ZKK Meopta scope on it?
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

Either one would be lovely, and I'd certainly pay that sort of money for them. Very cool rifles. I like the full stock version.

Can't comment on traveling with them...

Do you mean travelling back to NZ with them or going to Europe with them?
    If coming back, just make sure your airline take guns , some don't . Emirate needs a 5 or 6 weeks notice ahead prior to departure. Airnz, Korean and British airways are usually pretty good with guns. Needs to be into a padlocked hard case ( can be plastic), you keep the keys with you. You might pay up to $100 of excess luggage depending on how much shit you have in total and what class you are flying on.
    Once at Auckland, go and see the police guy at the baggage collection, fill up the import permit and go through customs. Sorted

Ah, and make sure you arrive way ahead in time at your departure airport in case process get slow.

P38
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireflite View Post
    I like that Full Stock!
    Me too

Cheers
    Pete
    Arguing with an Engineer is like Wrestling a Pig in Mud.

After awhile you realise the Pig loves it.

I'd get the full stock, if that's a factory one. It will always be more sought after, plus they make better walking sticks on the hill!

Love the Full stock. Its gorgeous......There is something about the wood going all the way forward. It just oozes class...

Just try to avoid flying through HK. They have no armory to store weapons. So you might find yourself sitting in a room with your rifle and a member of Chinese Customs for the duration of your transit. (If that is 16 hours then thats what you will be doing for 16 hours) If you get a "hot transit" then its not so bad,however your weapons and Customs have a date together and nothing leaves untill they are happy.In china the only thing not classed as a weapon is the scope. So dont have any spare mags,sling or empty cases in your luggage. Put it all in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    Just try to avoid flying through HK. They have no armory to store weapons. So you might find yourself sitting in a room with your rifle and a member of Chinese Customs for the duration of your transit. (If that is 16 hours then thats what you will be doing for 16 hours) If you get a "hot transit" then its not so bad,however your weapons and Customs have a date together and nothing leaves untill they are happy.In china the only thing not classed as a weapon is the scope. So dont have any spare mags,sling or empty cases in your luggage. Put it all in the same box.
    It's going to be Doha.
    Nothing is tough about having a 70 lb bow and looking like an uncoordinated praying mantis while trying to draw it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    Do you mean travelling back to NZ with them or going to Europe with them?
    If coming back, just make sure your airline take guns , some don't . Emirate needs a 5 or 6 weeks notice ahead prior to departure. Airnz, Korean and British airways are usually pretty good with guns. Needs to be into a padlocked hard case ( can be plastic), you keep the keys with you. You might pay up to $100 of excess luggage depending on how much shit you have in total and what class you are flying on.
    Once at Auckland, go and see the police guy at the baggage collection, fill up the import permit and go through customs. Sorted

Ah, and make sure you arrive way ahead in time at your departure airport in case process get slow.
    Wanting to bring one in NZ from Hungary. Will be flying back to NZ with Qatar airways. So I don't have to sort any paperwork before I leave? Can I expect to pay gst?

Get in touch with NZ Police, pretty sure there is paperwork needed to import permanently to NZ.