Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: which air rifle

I have a BSA .177 PCP Super 10 FAC rifle for sale... owned from new probably less than 1000 pellets through it... exc condition...

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    What is it @MassiveAttack?
    Crossman 2289 which is the carbine version of the crossman 1322 pistol.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo-6mmrem View Post
    +1 @MassiveAttack looks like just what i need intrestied in selling lol
    Sorry but I like it to much! Young's airguns have them and they pop up on trade me regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    I have a BSA .177 PCP Super 10 FAC rifle for sale... owned from new probably less than 1000 pellets throug exc condition...
    cheers for the offer @Sidney a Pcp would be great but I can't afford or justify one I just want something basic was only looking at spending a round $3-400 on a little gamo whisper or something

Ejected
    This didn't sell so someone should ask for a relisting. The pistol normal goes for $200 odd, the metal beach is $50. It's worth buying a pistol cos its the only way you are going to hunt with a pistol in nz.

Crosman Model 1322 Air Pistol | Trade Me

Grotto
    My son has a Sharp Innova in 177 & 22.
    Pump up (not spring) so you can vary pressure depending on range of shot. As quiet as my suppressed rimfire.
    Super accurate, head shoot pigeons easily. 22 has more hit than the 177, but both kill birds.
    They don't make them new anymore but Youngs Air Gun Centre have them second hand every now and then for around $150 which is pretty good (I bought the 22 for about that 30 years ago). The guy there rates them very highly, particularly the barrel.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Grotto View Post
    My son has a Sharp Innova in 177 & 22.
    Pump up (not spring) so you can vary pressure depending on range of shot. As quiet as my suppressed rimfire.
    Super accurate, head shoot pigeons easily. 22 has more hit than the 177, but both kill birds.
    They don't make them new anymore but Youngs Air Gun Centre have them second hand every now and then for around $150 which is pretty good (I bought the 22 for about that 30 years ago). The guy there rates them very highly, particularly the barrel.
    +1 on that. I had one as a kid in .22 and was very sad the day the house burnt down and it got melted.

Another option on the multi pump would be the Canon 737. Youngs advertise them.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

well made my choice and put one on layby today will be slowly paying it off over the next month or 2 ive gone for a gamo wisper igt (piston gun) with suppressor quietest break barrel in the market according to youtube reviews the 177 is rated at 1300fps with the super light weight alloy pallets.... but I have chosen a 22cal rated at 800fps or there about but I intend to use heavy 25gn odd pallets if they shoot well in the gun which should bring speed down to around 500fps but being a heavy pellet it should still have no issues killing our minors and starlings

a little more than I was looking at spending but im sure ill have a lot of fun with it for practice etc now to build a good pallet trap to set up in the garage

northdude
    I've got one you can use

After this thread I ended up at young's airguns. Came home with a Crosman 2250b.
    I'm going to make a small range in the back yard for it now . . . great fun

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    After this thread I ended up at young's airguns. Came home with a Crosman 2250b.
    I'm going to make a small range in the back yard for it now . . . great fun
    Posting this in case anyone is interested.

CrosMan 2250 - .22 Air Rifle | Trade Me

Feel free to PM me if you want any suggestions for mods. The triggers start off horrible but I have made my ok through the use of shims and 1000 grit sandpaper.

northdude
    ive got the pistol version of that ive modded it into a rifle did work to the valve bolt longer barrel transfer port and steel breech it goes quite well and it was a good little project it wouldn't appeal to everyones taste but I like it