Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Anyone know where I can get one of these?

Top Member Remington 5R .300 Win Mag's Avatar
    Obviously A Different Planet To The One You Bastards Are On!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Please let all of us know, no matter the outcome.

There has been way to much "precious protection" in the past over this sort of thing because Guys didn't want to "upset" people or "jeopardise" their means of refund/compensation....

All this does is allow more people to be put in the same position they find themselves in......good times....not...

The rifle is faulty, the "gunsmith" should fix it or at least be given the opportunity to fix it, end of story, its not up to you to fix it....
    Look, I am a "blabber', cause it's 'me' that's upset! I'll probably end up doing an in depth video on the whole affair, for those who may be interested in seeing it, that way you'll get to 'see' and not just hear about it! Now, it will be lengthy, and it will take me a lot of time to do... could be several months, however, it is looking highly likely that I'll just have to wear this POS until I can afford to get another one, that I'll get built in the States, next time, as I don't believe there is a "Competent Gunsmith" in New Zealand, least, not that I've ever come across anyway, and I've been bitten that many times now that I'm no longer willing to take any more people's recommendations or any more chances with NZ Gunsmiths!

But, like I say, I'm still in negotiations with the Director, and I'd be a fool (or even more of a fool than I am already) to prematurely blab 'before' we finally get each other in a headlock!
    gadgetman and SlimySquirrel like this.
    "Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten"!

Top Member Remington 5R .300 Win Mag's Avatar
    Obviously A Different Planet To The One You Bastards Are On!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    for that sort of money I would also expect all the bullets to go thru one hole by themselves
    That's the real tragic thing about this whole affair. This was supposed to be the mother of all guns that'd finally end 'ALL' accuracy 'woes' for me (coming it at 1/2 MOA) so that I can finally fulfill my dreams of shooting out to 1,500m, rather, it's done nothing 'but' instill woes!

I estimate I've got two more range sessions left at 100m, however, hitherto I've put through some 159 rounds in the name of 'load development' and so far the best (and extremely inconsistent, I must add) groups I've achieved have been around the 1" mark (or just over) ranging to 2 1/2" at 100m! I could throw stones more accurately, in other words!

Basically I'm resigned to the fact that, yet again, I haven't got what I've wanted, and if the groups average out at 1 3/4" at 100m, then I'll just start testing them at extended ranges and determine where my maximum point blank range actually is!
    "Quality is remembered long after the price is forgotten"!

Quote Originally Posted by Remington 5R .300 Win Mag View Post
    Look, I am a "blabber', cause it's 'me' that's upset! I'll probably end up doing an in depth video on the whole affair, for those who may be interested in seeing it, that way you'll get to 'see' and not just hear about it! Now, it will be lengthy, and it will take me a lot of time to do... could be several months, however, it is looking highly likely that I'll just have to wear this POS until I can afford to get another one, that I'll get built in the States, next time, as I don't believe there is a "Competent Gunsmith" in New Zealand, least, not that I've ever come across anyway, and I've been bitten that many times now that I'm no longer willing to take any more people's recommendations or any more chances with NZ Gunsmiths!

But, like I say, I'm still in negotiations with the Director, and I'd be a fool (or even more of a fool than I am already) to prematurely blab 'before' we finally get each other in a headlock!
    It's a shame when stuff like this happens as it puts people right off customs, I have had rifles built by Scott trail grant at Trueflite and Dean here in Tauranga and all have been good honest 1/2 Moa guns, I've had a ga precision built rifle that shot really well but we do have a few capable smiths right here in Nz

it is looking highly likely that I'll just have to wear this POS until I can afford to get another one, that I'll get built in the States, next time, as I don't believe there is a "Competent Gunsmith" in New Zealand, least, not that I've ever come across anyway, and I've been bitten that many times now that I'm no longer willing to take any more people's recommendations or any more chances with NZ Gunsmiths!
    I just takes good components & someone that knows what they are doing,

Usually not that difficult in all reality, but every now & then it doesn't go to plan, that's manufacturing

Shouldn't have sold this...http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...minator-25380/

Now I have to decide what to make next

I hope you get a favourable result

however, it is looking highly likely that I'll just have to wear this POS until I can afford to get another one,
    Considering the money at stake here with what you have spent with the gunsmith there is no way in hell I would "wear it"
    You have legal rights and they need to be held accountable for their work, whether it be the agent, who in my opinion is answerable to you, the gun smith is then answerable to your 'agent'
    Hold them to task mate.
    veitnamcam, mikee and camo wsm like this.

Defiantly don't wear the cost. I would expect as others have said it to work perfectly. 1.5" groups from a custom is also not ok. It's not that hard to build a gun that will shoot small groups. Both I have built shoot the size groups your talking about at 300.

Chase it up and be relentless! There are good smith's in NZ too
    mikee likes this.

Banned
    If my new gun was breaking parts like that, it wouldn't be me looking for the replacement parts to fix it.
    mikee likes this.

Have a look at the debt collectors thread in off topic to see where perseverance can get you, and that was initally for $200