Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: AR15 adjustable gas blocks?

"I think $100 is too low , for a well designed & made ( steel ) , adjustable gas block"

In terms of manufacturing using modern CNC machinery the actual manufacturing cost should be well below $100. Just for a minute consider that an complete AR15 lower can be bought for $50USD, I cant see there being more work in a gas block.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

res
    I will only buy steel gas blocks after seeing what a alloy one looked like after 6k rounds.

I really like the low profile JP one.

Click adjust would be nice but not needed for most users.

I have a block with a leaver to switch between use with a van or without-I like it but and adjustable version would be even better.
    Using Tapatalk

We will have a couple of NEA prototype gas blocks in next shipment. I believe they are a detent type with a retail price around $100

Although it's a bit niche, would also be very keen if you were to make them either in a couple of diameters or even with inserts/sleeves - it's a bugger trying to find a .625 adjustable block
    Trevs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Digit View Post
    We will have a couple of NEA prototype gas blocks in next shipment. I believe they are a detent type with a retail price around $100
    Detent from the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Digit View Post
    Thanks digit, when do you expect that you will have these in stock and available?

Do you have a pic of them that you can post here?
    Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but that doesn't mean that every opinion is right.

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    "I think $100 is too low , for a well designed & made ( steel ) , adjustable gas block"

In terms of manufacturing using modern CNC machinery the actual manufacturing cost should be well below $100. Just for a minute consider that an complete AR15 lower can be bought for $50USD, I cant see there being more work in a gas block.
    I'm not sure on the quality of the $50 ones you quote, but with manufacturing the cost per unit largely depends on the quantities being manufacutred, and the type of CNC machines and material suppliers at your disposal. Trying to compare the US market to here is pointless as there are so many differences. In the US for niche-market gun stuff you have a potential customer base in the tens of millions. In NZ for AR stuff it is only in the thousands. New products take time and cost money to design, develop and test to a point where they are market ready. Liability can be an issue too if things go wrong. So if the $ are not there to cover costs and make a small profit, things don't get made. Business 101.
    Everyone has the right to their own opinion, but that doesn't mean that every opinion is right.

Quote Originally Posted by dfmaisey View Post
    Thanks digit, when do you expect that you will have these in stock and available?

Do you have a pic of them that you can post here?
    No further info at this stage

Well Anderson lowers are $50. Not sure what you class them as a company but I would think of them as a no-name.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod75094.aspx

While yes quantities matter, frankly I still think some items like adjustable gas blocks are greatly over-priced for the work put into them compared to other highly finished and close held spec parts, maybe that's just my view as an engineer. I also think the same for suppressors btw.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"