Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: AR15 pending rule changes?

I agree gimp but to say nobody needs to hunt is a bit harsh.
    Some people earn there living hunting. I don't but if i didn't hunt i would have been bankrupt a couple of times lost my house and had a young family starving.
    Actually they would never starve. I would do ANYTHING to ensure my family is fed.

I don't own a semi but see there purpose weather its hunting or fun. I have nothing against them i would have some if i could afford them and the safe and a couple hundred rounds at the range.

Just thought it was a very dumb comment from an intelligent man.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Hunting is basically a hobby for the vast majority of people, I was just making a generalisation to make a point.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    That's my point, there are all these people saying "well you shouldn't be allowed to own a semi auto because I don't think anyone needs one for hunting" as if "need" means a damn thing, and as if hunting is somehow so much more legitimate than "I want one and as a responsible licensed person there's no reason I shouldn't be allowed one to do whatever the hell I want with"
    Pretty much this. I don't fancy the idea of having to justify every facet of what I want to own, the whole nanny state thing. A lot of things I own just cuz.
    FletchNZ and steven like this.

That's my point, there are all these people saying "well you shouldn't be allowed to own a semi auto because I don't think anyone needs one for hunting" as if "need" means a damn thing, and as if hunting is somehow so much more legitimate than "I want one and as a responsible licensed person there's no reason I shouldn't be allowed one to do whatever the hell I want with"
    Exactly. I don't own one, nor want one. But till my last breath I'll stick up for those that wish to own one. If the "need" is a requirement, then the Queen just needs to drive herself around in a mini.
    Bulltahr, FletchNZ and steven like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    If the "need" is a requirement, then the Queen just needs to drive herself around in a mini.
    And that would be the only time you d stand for as long as it was less than 5 mins to watch it go past

So confirm for E Cat change, would a AR15 holder need to only

1. Upgrade safe
    2. Reconfirm why they need E cat

.?

No gun clubs you have to a member of etc to retain it ?
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    And that would be the only time you d stand for as long as it was less than 5 mins to watch it go past
    Being a BMW now you'd probably have to wait a while for the truck to collect it and take it to the agents. The breed generally doesn't have a good rep from what I've heard.
    steven likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Price of the safe could put some off. Well me away.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    You could make your own, mate.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Survy View Post

1. Upgrade safe

.?

If you already have something that they have reclassified as Ecat, then you only need to change to ecat due to the fact that they have changed the regs.

Last time there was issues, the Police did a free upgrade to Ecat. You didn't need different referees and reasons to change (apart from ownership already) and only upgraded security is needed.
    Hopefully they'll do the same thing this time.
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

Quote Originally Posted by Survy View Post

1. Upgrade safe

.?

Because it was a perfectly legal A Cat when I got it
    dogmatix, cambo, Bill999 and 2 others like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Well said Mikee!
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

The "I want" is a good enough reason argument will never work, same principle could be applied to explosives, claymore mines, RPG, chemical weapons etc. Work on the "I need" argument, pest control,sporting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    The "I want" is a good enough reason argument will never work, same principle could be applied to explosives, claymore mines, RPG, chemical weapons etc. Work on the "I need" argument, pest control,sporting etc.
    Can we apply it to the subsidized bar a tucker at the buzzy house? The overweight polis don't need the grog, nor do a lot of them need to eat so much; they could exist on bread and water, everyone could. We don't need people to write fiction, nor make movies, nor music. But without choices the world would be an awfully dull place.

No one 'needs' alcohol at all and it sure as shit causes a thousand times more deaths, social and economic harm than semi auto guns do, it's literally poison, Ban alcohol.
    Savage1 and Littledog like this.

No one 'needs' alcohol at all and it sure as shit causes a thousand times more deaths, social and economic harm than semi auto guns do, it's literally poison, Ban alcohol.
    Or at least limit them to a 7ml capacity, require an empty to be handed in before a full one is issued, ensure that the owner has security such that the under aged cannot access it, require a valid reason for requesting it, ....
    onslaught5012 likes this.