Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ARs barrell length and suppressors

Yes I luged my share of SLRs around and saw my first AR in 1970 and ever since then wanted one. I will get a 20 tac or 20 pratical upper for it when I get sorted. Have you thought of a 20 cal?

Ive got a Rock River Arms predator pursuit 20" which has a heavy stainless barrel 1 in 8 twist,with my 4-16 weaver classic on it its still quite a bit lighter than my sako 75(23 3/4" barrel),supressor,scope and bipod. I'm awaiting its return from Dan Hardy's with a supressor! The NEA seem bloody good for what they are, essentially you sound like i was in january with similar specs just I'm shooting to 500m and imo a 1 in 8/1 in 9 twist is ideal... Rock River arms are fantastic rifles, ive only shot 55gr fmj belmont ammo outta mine and that was 20 rounds to have a play at 100m and i shot a .8 group with it hehehe . They really are worth their weight in gold and there is simply no other feeling than squeezing a 2 stage match trigger on one! Now is the time to buy,well i mean that as in before June! go mental and induce yourself in all the info you can.... A great book to grab is : the ar 15 by patrick sweeney and theres three volumes,i would recommend you grab a copy of it!