Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Aussie shop

nak
    Another vote for Magnum sports - would do well to find cheaper prices on scopes (zeiss, kahles, nightforce) in Australia. Always had very good service from them.

Sweet. Will look at magnum sports. As I said will send my bro in law and get him to re package so I don't get stung with gst. Do I need to worry about an import permit for scopes?

Quote Originally Posted by 300wsm for life View Post
    cheers for that. Do I need it if my brother inlaw repackages and send it to me?
    Yes, an export permit may still be required. A Defence Export Permit (Not a RGP as I previously stated), is required to export any firearm accessories from Australia (with some exceptions).
    These include:
    • exports of five (5) or more firearms;
    • unaccompanied exports; for example, goods being exported as cargo or by courier;
    • exports of any amount of higher-risk or military firearms including their parts, accessories, and ammunition. This includes firearms referred to as Category C and D under State and Territory legislation, firearms over 0.50” (12.7mm) calibre and all automatic firearms;
    • any firearm parts, accessories, sights, ammunition, magazines, etc, being exported without firearms; and
    • firearms being exported for the purpose of repair, return, sales or as a gift.

Some scopes do not require an export permit under ML1:
    PART 1 Munitions List
    d. Detachable cartridge magazines, sound suppressors or moderators, special gun-mountings, optical weapons sights and flash suppressors for arms specified by ML1.a., ML1.b. or ML1.c.

Note: ML1.d. does not apply to optical weapon sights without electronic image processing, with a magnification of 9 times or less, provided they are not specially designed or modified for military use, or incorporate any reticles specially designed for military use.

Do people and companies export things without a permit? Yes. Is it legal? Often no.

People have been prosecuted for exporting rifle slings from Australia. So is it worth the risk? I'll leave that up to you. Just providing you a heads up.

I've purchased from magnum sports no problem... I got a Bushnell XRS milr with 33% off! less Australian gst, and it missed the NZ gst coming in... bargain!
    I never got a permit, but does not mean Magnum sports didn't...

Magnum Sports I would imagine would already sort it or have an overall export permit. I will get one sorted once I decide on scope. Like the look of the Vortex PST gen 2 3-15x44. Just waiting to hear back to see if they stock them as they are not listed on their site. Not sure if I will take the gamble with customs nz and GST.

I bought a zeiss HD5 3-15 x42 with target turrets from Magnum sports a while back cost me $1099AU and were excellent to deal with and great service, but I live in Perth though.!
    I plan on putting it on a 308 when I return to nz.

Be aware some of the above named businesses in Aussie have been asked/told by the NZ distributors for those products...not to export them to NZ, would suspect its due to what gets posted on the various nz hunting forums....
    Last edited by matagouri; 21-08-2017 at 02:03 PM.

The shops won't be posting to me. Will send scope to aussie address then foward to me.

Quote Originally Posted by matagouri View Post
    Be aware some of the above named businesses in Aussie have been asked/told by the NZ distributors for those products...not to export them to NZ, would suspect its due to what gets posted on the various nz hunting forums....
    Like the night force distributor? Pretty anti competitive. I could literally but 2 of the same scopes in Australia for the price of one in Nz a while back. Either that or just the one and personally fly it back to Australia and hand delivery it for repair should I ever need it, and still have money in the bank compared to buying in Nz.... Extortion...

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Why bother? Zeiss HD5 @ Taihape sports last time i checked was $1500

Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    Why bother? Zeiss HD5 @ Taihape sports last time i checked was $1500
    Depends on what HD5

If tis the Conquest HD5 2-10x42 Plex - its 100$ to much - BUT - if its the HD5 5-25x50 Varmint (85) Lockable Turrets - thens its a BARGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by matagouri View Post
    Some of the nz distributors own the rights to distribution in Aussie.

Looked at the hd5 but the 5-25 is to big. As I will be using it for all round I need a lower end of 3 or 4 power. I know zeiss do one with a 42mm lense but am thinking that the extra light gained will be negligible over a 40mm. Or am I wrong? Have looked through a 42,44 and 50mm scope. I couldn't see any difference through the day between the 40 and 42mm ones. But the picture through the 44 and 50 were nicer. 50 is to big so I have settled for the 44mm. I know it limits choice but that is what I want. Starting to change my mind regarding leupold had a look through the vx5 hd and it was quite nice. I like the smaller turret height. My question is what range can you effectively dial to on these. I won't be using the cds just standard dial.
    Last edited by 300wsm for life; 22-08-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarvo View Post
    Depends on what HD5

If tis the Conquest HD5 2-10x42 Plex - its 100$ to much - BUT - if its the HD5 5-25x50 Varmint (85) Lockable Turrets - thens its a BARGAIN
    Any of them are $1500 the 2-10 was $1350 IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Like the night force distributor? Pretty anti competitive. I could literally but 2 of the same scopes in Australia for the price of one in Nz a while back. Either that or just the one and personally fly it back to Australia and hand delivery it for repair should I ever need it, and still have money in the bank compared to buying in Nz.... Extortion...

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    Yep youve cracked in one wildman.....totally agree with your comment!!!