Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    AB Precision

Bedding.....who bothers??

Just bored in my motel after day away an tomorrow brought the 243 witch only bore sited popped an deer this evening on dush at a cockey farm for the work do

Any way here i an bored...........cabbin feaver again........................

How beds there own rifles??
    How pays to have it done??
    An how even bothers??

Here is the 243, witch i did the rush job on but still come up ok... an seams to shoot still but bedding this rifle made no noticble difference

But in some makes a big diference, an i think for the time it takes an effort would be silly not to??? thoughts???
    Do you do full bed? or just front? or just front an rear an miss the middle?

OOPPS even put it in the wrond section for a start!!!

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    The jobs I have done have made no difference.
    My 308 AI stock was pre bedded when I got it for a short recoil lug.. I put my action in and cranked it down.. if anything should have bent, it was THAT action.. shot bug holes.. realised it was wrong a month later and fixed it... shot no different.

Never done it. But then I havent owned a shitload of rifles. The 308 will shoot 1/4 to 1/2 with the load it likes(pity that pill is good for f all) and the ones I use less than a 1'' so why bother?
    I could see it improving some budget or older rifles maybe? but I havent tryed
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

AB Precision
    Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    How many coffees?

Important for stability I feel.
    None id be everywhere

I thinks it helps when building a LR 'Hunting' rifle to take the knocks better an no poi change