Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 68
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Blaser K95?

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    canterbury
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by Dicko View Post
    Akaroa1, what scope is that on your Blaser?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Leupold Mk4 4.5>14x40 with the enclosed target turrets.
    But being Blaser saddle mounts I sometimes change it over to a XV3i 2.5>8 when I want it to be even lighter and more compact

  2. #32
    Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    5,542
    Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    Leupold Mk4 4.5>14x40 with the enclosed target turrets.
    But being Blaser saddle mounts I sometimes change it over to a XV3i 2.5>8 when I want it to be even lighter and more compact
    Leupold/s on a Blaser? Have you no respect man!
    Pointer, R93, ZG47 and 1 others like this.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

  3. #33
    Member BRADS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Central Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    7,477
    Quote Originally Posted by stug View Post
    Wilson Outdoors(?) has a K95, only $35,000. Might be a Baroness. The latest Blaser catalogue has has great pics.
    Is is Stug has all the fancy bits.
    $6700 was the last price I saw for a plain jane one.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  4. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    canterbury
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Leupold/s on a Blaser? Have you no respect man!
    I have 4 blaser rifles, 7 barrels, 7 saddle mount sets and have Leupold, nightforce and zeiss scopes in them.
    They are all do whats expected of them.

    I don't have the Blaser's because they are made in Germany.
    I have them because they are ideal for what I want to do with them.

    I hardly ever look through the scopes. Maybe for 10 seconds would be total scope time on a long hunt.
    But I spend countless hours looking through my Swarovski ELs and ATX 65 spotting scope.

  5. #35
    R93
    R93 is online now
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    11,506
    Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    I have 4 blaser rifles, 7 barrels, 7 saddle mount sets and have Leupold, nightforce and zeiss scopes in them.
    They are all do whats expected of them.

    I don't have the Blaser's because they are made in Germany.
    I have them because they are ideal for what I want to do with them.

    I hardly ever look through the scopes. Maybe for 10 seconds would be total scope time on a long hunt.
    But I spend countless hours looking through my Swarovski ELs and ATX 65 spotting scope.
    Thought I had a Blaser problem😆

    I would like a K95 one day but I honestly couldn't find a use for another R93 or R8.
    I will just keep adding barrels😆

    I have 2 carriers and 4 bolt heads with 2 spare. 4 scopes and 4 saddle mounts.

    Nothing wrong with a loopy on a blaser either special Jimmy.
    I actually use my little 2-7 fire dot the most. Think it is classed as a shotgun scope? Great bit of kit.
    Can't find another scope as light and reliable in the same size without breaking the bank. Cost me under 400 oz 😆


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Danny and ZG47 like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  6. #36
    Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    5,542
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Thought I had a Blaser problem��

    I would like a K95 one day but I honestly couldn't find a use for another R93 or R8.
    I will just keep adding barrels��

    I have 2 carriers and 4 bolt heads with 2 spare. 4 scopes and 4 saddle mounts.

    Nothing wrong with a loopy on a blaser either special Jimmy.
    I actually use my little 2-7 fire dot the most. Think it is classed as a shotgun scope? Great bit of kit.
    Can't find another scope as light and reliable in the same size without breaking the bank. Cost me under 400 oz ��


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I do like that little fire dot of yours. VX-R IIRC?

    A K95 would be a sweet addition to the safe too. Buy one Dave and long term loan it to me. I'll teach it how to hunt for ya!
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

  7. #37
    R93
    R93 is online now
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    11,506
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    I do like that little fire dot of yours. VX-R IIRC?

    A K95 would be a sweet addition to the safe too. Buy one Dave and long term loan it to me. I'll teach it how to hunt for ya!
    Yeah your right it is a VX-R 2-7×

    No worries on the K95 I have a couple kids I wanna sell. That should cover the varnish on the wood. Keep an eye out for the courier😆

    You probably could teach it better than me. I have only shot around a dozen deer in the last year. Weather and work has put a damper on getting out for myself as much as I normally do.

    I will let you take me and Marcus out for a sika in September. He will be up the same time as me visiting outlaws in Napier.


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  8. #38
    Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    5,542
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Yeah your right it is a VX-R 2-7×

    No worries on the K95 I have a couple kids I wanna sell. That should cover the varnish on the wood. Keep an eye out for the courier��

    You probably could teach it better than me. I have only shot around a dozen deer in the last year. Weather and work has put a damper on getting out for myself as much as I normally do.

    I will let you take me and Marcus out for a sika in September. He will be up the same time as me visiting outlaws in Napier.


    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Cool. Looking forward. Great month to go Sika hunting too, not.
    The Universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't a search for meaning. It's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually, you'll be dead. -Mr Peanutbutter

  9. #39
    Member norsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    300
    I just don't rate them,they are not a particularly expensive Rifle in Europe either.

    They look nice and are fairly well made but none of it adds up to the price they charge for them.They are a "snappy " quick handling Rifle that just dies in your hands the moment you put an optic on it.

    For the New Zealand retail price you can get a used Heym Double Rifle or a really tidy Farquharson falling block that is a hand made master piece.

    I get to shoot alot of higher end Arms over here and would place the K95 well done the desirability list.You can buy hand made second hand single shots in Germany for a fraction of the price if you can tolerate reloading some more obscure calibers.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

  10. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Invervegas
    Posts
    496
    @norsk - that's a little unkind, not really good form to comment negatively on another mans purchase, even if what you say may have an element of truth from your perspective.

    Philip C. Bolger remarked about a yacht design he produced - "for somebody who doesn't have the price of a Rubens original, there may be some merit in a Playboy centerfold" but even this is not quite right in respect to the wonderful functionality of the K95, especially in our very robust NZ environment where some of the fancy euro firearms don't fare too well.

  11. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    canterbury
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    I just don't rate them,they are not a particularly expensive Rifle in Europe either.

    They look nice and are fairly well made but none of it adds up to the price they charge for them.They are a "snappy " quick handling Rifle that just dies in your hands the moment you put an optic on it.

    For the New Zealand retail price you can get a used Heym Double Rifle or a really tidy Farquharson falling block that is a hand made master piece.

    I get to shoot alot of higher end Arms over here and would place the K95 well done the desirability list.You can buy hand made second hand single shots in Germany for a fraction of the price if you can tolerate reloading some more obscure calibers.
    That's all very well for you in Europe, but there aren't a lot of Heym Double's and Farquharson's on the second hand market in NZ.
    If there were I would have one of each please.
    Make the Heym an 8x57IRS with reasonably short barrels and the Farquharson would be nice in 450-400 nitro.

    And as to the NZ price that's got a lot to do with the "end of the earth" syndrome and the small market, that our local distributors use to mark things up so heavily.
    The last rifle I got in from Europe was such a huge effort in costs and paperwork that its out of the question now.

  12. #42
    Member norsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    That's all very well for you in Europe, but there aren't a lot of Heym Double's and Farquharson's on the second hand market in NZ.
    If there were I would have one of each please.
    Make the Heym an 8x57IRS with reasonably short barrels and the Farquharson would be nice in 450-400 nitro.

    And as to the NZ price that's got a lot to do with the "end of the earth" syndrome and the small market, that our local distributors use to mark things up so heavily.
    The last rifle I got in from Europe was such a huge effort in costs and paperwork that its out of the question now.
    I apologise if I have come over in an abrasive manner,I did not intend to do so.All that matters is that you are happy with the Rifle and nothing else.I made the mistake of not reading all the posts and was unaware you had purchased a K-95.My advice was ment as just that,not a criticism of your purchase.

    The price you pay in New Zealand is a symptom of the importer,retail price in most European countries is much the same.If you buy for export you can deduct the value added tax in the country of purchase.

    Export paperwork is a detail much easier to handle in the Country of expedition,it can be as easy as one form and a couple of weeks or a three month wait.The cost of freight depends on the freight method and carrier.I have been shipping machinery world wide for nearly 20 years and have enjoyed some screaming deals on freight depending on who you talk to and how much they need your business.

    I wish you all the best with your Rifle and should you require some help with a firearm purchase from Europe in the future I will only be to happy to help.
    kawhia, Timmay, 199p and 5 others like this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

  13. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    canterbury
    Posts
    405
    Quote Originally Posted by norsk View Post
    I apologise if I have come over in an abrasive manner,I did not intend to do so.All that matters is that you are happy with the Rifle and nothing else.I made the mistake of not reading all the posts and was unaware you had purchased a K-95.My advice was ment as just that,not a criticism of your purchase.

    The price you pay in New Zealand is a symptom of the importer,retail price in most European countries is much the same.If you buy for export you can deduct the value added tax in the country of purchase.

    Export paperwork is a detail much easier to handle in the Country of expedition,it can be as easy as one form and a couple of weeks or a three month wait.The cost of freight depends on the freight method and carrier.I have been shipping machinery world wide for nearly 20 years and have enjoyed some screaming deals on freight depending on who you talk to and how much they need your business.

    I wish you all the best with your Rifle and should you require some help with a firearm purchase from Europe in the future I will only be to happy to help.
    Put up some links to interesting second hand firearms web sites you like to look at in Europe please.
    It would be nice to see what we are missing out on.

    Cheers
    LOC likes this.

  14. #44
    Member norsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by akaroa1 View Post
    Put up some links to interesting second hand firearms web sites you like to look at in Europe please.
    It would be nice to see what we are missing out on.

    Cheers
    www.blocket.se
    eGun - Der Marktplatz für Jäger, Schützen und Angler
    www.guntrader.co.uk
    Used Guns for Sale

    This will give you a general idea.There are also some Eastern European websites you can find with a bit of research
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

  15. #45
    Member norsk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    300
    For higher end items.

    Holts Auctioneers
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Blaser R8 - 300 Blaser Magnum - Bargain
    By Alonzo in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 28-02-2017, 04:52 PM
  2. FS: 30mm blaser rings only. Blaser bolt head
    By PerazziSC3 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25-01-2017, 07:37 AM
  3. FS: Blaser R8 .300 Blaser Mag barrel for sale with extras
    By Proudkiwi in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 15-06-2016, 10:42 PM
  4. Blaser 34mm Rings (new) and Blaser mount (near new)
    By Tikka7mm08 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-09-2015, 09:04 AM
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-10-2013, 05:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!