Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Bucket of Bullets

I rate the .22 Remington bulk stuff on par with the Federal bulk ammo pack (555 rounds).
    Might shoot okay in some rifles, but useless for knock down on the critters, tiny shallow hollow point does jack.

Winchester or CCI for me any day.
    PERRISCICABA and 57jl like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

It's funny because back when I had access to loads of rabbits, I went through a stage where I tested basically every brand on .22 ammo, I found the CCI SV solid to be my favourite. Very consistent and killed just as well as the hollow point ammo. HP was definitely messier though.

Works out at $4.64 a pkt of 50 rounds. Pretty cheap.
    First kill was a magpie between the dog kennels. Stupid place for an aussie to land. 1399 rounds left
    Name:  picture 4229.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  164.3 KB
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Good on you Dundee. I like that amo.....it works well in my little marlin .22. Very stealth.
    Dundee likes this.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by mucko View Post
    i wish cci would do that remington is just shit in my 22. @Dundee wouldnt mind getting my hands on a sign like the one in your avatar
    Don't do it 'mucko' People are judged by their avatar's or their signs and it can leave a lasting impression on people's minds. Take for example 'savage 1' s avatar. Shut your eyes for a minute and try to imagine what 'savage 1' looks like in real life and his avatar leaps into your mind fully formed. Ugly enough to scare children with.

'Dundee' going on his avatar alone, comes across as an angry 50 cal toting, redneck farmer. Fuck even his old crocodile comes across looking friendly by comparison.

Not being offensive, if that is your likeness 'savage 1' forget I said this.
    veitnamcam, Savage1 and Toby like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Don't do it 'mucko' People are judged by their avatar's or their signs and it can leave a lasting impression on people's minds. Take for example 'savage 1' s avatar. Shut your eyes for a minute and try to imagine what 'savage 1' looks like in real life and his avatar leaps into your mind fully formed. Ugly enough to scare children with.

'Dundee' going on his avatar alone, comes across as an angry 50 cal toting, redneck farmer. Fuck even his old crocodile comes across looking friendly by comparison.

Not being offensive, if that is your likeness 'savage 1' forget I said this.
    No one is scared of the 'Dwarf' Scribe
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Only ever bought remington .22 ammo once and out of the whole pack (remington golden bullet) most of the ammo i could move back and forward in the case due to some very poor crimping have washed my hands of any factory ammo from remington.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

I have gone thru about 4 of those buckets now. My s&w422 loves them, when I couldn't get hold of any I bought the Remington golden 100 packs, and they were shit, 20/100 failures. The 525 packs seems better than the hundreds, but the buckets seem to have a lot less failures, last bucket maybe 15-20 for the whole 1400. Makes no sense since it all prob comes out of same factory and should be identical.

My cmmg 22 upper hates them. Won't feed them at all. But for the 422 they the most consistent.
    Excellent buying if u have a firearm that will eat em. Not the most accurate, but would buy these over the Winchester 555 bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    I rate the .22 Remington bulk stuff on par with the Federal bulk ammo pack (555 rounds).
    Might shoot okay in some rifles, but useless for knock down on the critters, tiny shallow hollow point does jack.

Winchester or CCI for me any day.

Smacked this hare over tonight with one shot at 80 metresI have removed my silencer now as I won't be firing subs for a while
    Name:  picture 4230.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  163.7 KB
    1398 shots left
    7mmsaum, veitnamcam, cambo and 5 others like this.
    CFD

Right I have set up my target,time for a 5 shot group.
    Name:  picture 4256.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  163.9 KB
    Works ok for me
    Name:  picture 4257.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  165.0 KB
    Name:  picture 4258.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  162.6 KB
    Tommy likes this.
    CFD

Don't think it will work for the critters round your place Dundee. But I can see it working nicely against them.
    Dundee likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Ran out of my bucket of bullets,almost lasted 12 months,18 days short. There were only 5 misfires out of the bucket and that may have been wet ammo.Shot a heap of varmin,maggies and a few sheep.
    P38, GravelBen and Tommy like this.
    CFD

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Commonly regarded as the worst possible .22 ammo.

I paid $55/500 for CCI subs last year - bought 10k
    Chrono them along with standard velocity cci,you might be surprised at the velocity difference

P38
    I bought a 500 bulk pack of Remington .................. Once.

Got consistent misfire in several pistols and rifles.

It was also a lottery if they were sub or supersonic.

Changed to Federal bulk packs and have a good run with them but they are in short supply in this neck of the woods at the moment.

So last weekend I had a choice of Winchester 555 bulk pack or the Remington bulk pack.

Too Tight to buy .22 in boxes of 50.

I chose the Winchester and guess what?

Bloody misfire after misfire in both my S&W41 pistol and my Remington 552 Speedmaster rifle

I wish they'd bring back the ICI Rabbit board ammo that's all I can say.

Cheers
    Pete

I am half way through a case of golden bullets (12 bricks). Paid $41.59 per brick so cheap shooting.
    Works great through my Ruger SR22 rifle and 10/22.
    Just bought a case (10 bricks) of the Winchester 555. They are more accurate than the golden bullet but not quite as reliable. Paid $37.95 per brick so real cheap. Golden bullets have gone up in price hence the change.
    Used for plinking and target shooting only.

Just ordered a Ruger 22/45 model 3908. Cant wait till it comes so I can burn up some of this ammo through it. The older models are what I started with pistol shooting wise, 20 years ago.