Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bunch of E qeustions

Bunch of E qeustions

Hey guys I'm currently going through my E-Endorsement and have a few qeustions.

From what I've found second hand safes are rare and just buy new. $6-800 mark for something ok?

Also once all that's approved and sorted obviously I'll be changing the stock pretty quick and have started looking. Is a package like this realistic or seem expensive?

Magpul CTR AR15 / M4 Milspec Stock Kit | Trade Me

Wouldn't mind some reviews from some of you guys that might have different types as well.
    Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am also doing the same...
    As for the safe i got a 10 gun one and tested it the other day, and with 8 rifles and it was full, six of them had scopes... just some advice given to me on this forum, is go as big as you can afford, as they seem to surprisingly fill up fast?

here is my safe going in...
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...at-safe-18483/

I found the Edge, Kilwell and Buffalo River safes all very similar in price and size.
    The BR one used Aussie locks as compared to the others which were chinese locks... that was my deciding factor...
    dogmatix and anderset20 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by anderset20 View Post

Also once all that's approved and sorted obviously I'll be changing the stock pretty quick and have started looking. Is a package like this realistic or seem expensive?

Magpul CTR AR15 / M4 Milspec Stock Kit | Trade Me

It's a bit overpriced. ......by about $300.

Once you get your endorsement, apply for an import permit and order it yourself. You could get about 25 magazines with the money you save.
    anderset20 and 300CALMAN like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Koshogi View Post

Once you get your endorsement, apply for an import permit and order it yourself. You could get about 25 magazines with the money you save.
    What company exports high capacity mags from the states. Brownells don't anymore given their law changes. Any idea what companies export magazines.

Quote Originally Posted by jim160 View Post
    What company exports high capacity mags from the states. Brownells don't anymore given their law changes. Any idea what companies export magazines.
    Since when? and what law change?

Quote Originally Posted by Koshogi View Post

I thought it seemed pretty ridiculous. Well that answers that bit then

They say you need a federal firearms licence and I even emailed them and they said they no longer export. That was 2 weeks ago.

Not sure what law change it was but their technical staff said he was unaware of any mags they could export. You need an FFL for receivers as well for the ar15. It appears only they are affected. It looks like M14 parts and mags can be shipped.

Definitely wait and permit a stock in yourself, that stock goes for $49USD.

They say you need a federal firearms licence and I even emailed them and they said they no longer export. That was 2 weeks ago.

Not sure what law change it was but their technical staff said he was unaware of any mags they could export. You need an FFL for receivers as well for the ar15. It appears only they are affected. It looks like M14 parts and mags can be shipped.
    The reply staff are always saying stuff like that. They don't know what they're on about.

Interesting, If you read the site I think it is Magpul stuff they no longer export. A real pain as you obviously want one and who doesn't.

Try asking for another brand, If you can get the permit from your AO then you will have to go through their lengthy export permit process.

I hope this is the case! I am going to give it a go...

Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Interesting, If you read the site I think it is Magpul stuff they no longer export. A real pain as you obviously want one and who doesn't.

Try asking for another brand, If you can get the permit from your AO then you will have to go through their lengthy export permit process.

I hope this is the case! I am going to give it a go...
    True. I had another look and this time other mags said that a FFL isn't required. So I might give a crack at getting the brownells mags or something. Not sure what brands are best.
    Are the Brownells mags any good. They are on special, 10 mags for US$89. I would say freight would be about US$60 as well.

Any ideas. Are they good or not

The FFL requirement is only for US residents.

Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    The FFL requirement is only for US residents.
    Ok. Yet again I have been told the wrong info from Sandy at Brownells. I will try for permits Monday and order them when I get the permit.
    Usually she is right with her info, but she must have had a bad day.

res
    My favourite AR mags cost €35 each from Germany, shipping is very cheep.
    Using Tapatalk

Importing stuff is a luck of the draw. Some stuff skips customs with no issues and others have real dramas.

I guess getting the permit will be the first thing.