Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Bushnell lrhs 3-12x44?

Hey guys anyone running one of these? looking at changing the scope on my 7 LRM
    thinking either

NF 3.5-15x50
    MK6 3-18x44
    Bushnell LRHS 3-12x44

Unless anyone has other suggestions must dial well and have a zero stop.

Yes ,

I have one , and its nice , BUT its price is close to a small NF scope , so in light of that , maybe a compact NF would be better .

One thing , with them the turret is only teethed to 0.2 mil , SO , sometimes you will not be able to set the turret to absolute bang on , if you know what I mean .

Bushy are bringing out a 4-16x version , and this mag range may be better for you .

I run it on a CZ527 , 22 Hornet at the moment .

Cheers Chris

Thanks Chris,

I am able to get my hands on the bushnell
    For $1600 nz, yes I get what you mean about
    The turret and I would probably find that somewhat
    Annoying.

One more thing , the para only goes down to 50m , and not the advertised 7m .

Bushenell elite FF Plane mil graduated scopes.

I have one and really like it. Although the 2 ml tooth is annoying, it can only ever be 1cm out and as long as you know which way it is, there is no problem The click adjustments are all 1 ml so very precise and positive.

It is not a bush scope so seldom would you need to focus down to 50 m that sharp anyway. The reticle is excellent and the ff plane is really handy for ranging or holdover.

I also have the G2 H reticle scope. The glass is excellent on both.

I am considering selling the G2H reticle scope as I don't really need two. It is as new and I would sell it for $1400 cash. Both scopes are elite 6500 type and quality with lifetime guarantees.

Cheers, Woody

Hi just came across this thread and are keen on the bushnell 3-12 x 44 LRHS and was also comparing to the Leupold Mk 6 3-18 X 44 and also maybe a Huskemaw.
    Have not had a look at any first hand yet though, intend to in next few weeks.

Just note above comparing to Nightforce, what Nightforce scopes come in around this price bracket and are also of the compact variety, not to mention mil/mil?
    The bushnell is made in same factory as nightforce in Japan so imagine is of similar quality.

Bushnell seems to tick all my boxes as despite the massive amount of scopes on the market it seems hard to find ones that are really versatile for size/weight practical hunting scope with a bit more than 9-10 magnification.

Should be able to hit something -50m if even slightly out of focus I think? Although there can be plenty missed at this range wouldn't be blaming the scope

The beauty of the LRHA is the front focal plane millrad reticle. The click values are 0.1 mil once you are zeroed. I used burris 30mm rings with the z ring inserts to give me more elevation. These scopes are heavy, but so are most FFP scopes. Really happy with mine, but I would like to see a ffp with same reticle and around 1.5-8 power * say 36-44mm objective, and half the weight and lower price.

Have just got Reloaders Supply to order me one in, looks like it is around 90 grams heavier than my 3-12 AR scope which is quite ok for me, quite a bit more than my VXR-Patrol 3-9 X 40@ +260grams but the turrets on it are pretty crappy on that and don't really trust them not to get bumped easily, hence the light weight so you get what you pay for there and weightloss.
    Really wanted something with that 12-14x top range for the odd long, or more precision range testing and ammo/rifle but still low 3 power for close/quick hunting shots.
    Like the fact has turrets, but aren't sticking out to catch on branches and shit, also the windage is capped as will be getting very little use as would be just as happy to use reticule if that comes into play as only an educated guess anyway.
    Most of the decent scopes that are advertised I am sure are fantastic scopes but practically far too big for the general type on foot clambering, climbing steep hills and through and under bush NZ hunter .
    It is always hard to have your cake and eat it...

Yep. I think it is too easy to go overboard with highpower magnification. 8 or 12 power is heaps. if you need more, in order to see, then you better to use bino's.
    I shot more deer with aperture (open) sights, then a bushnell 2 1/2 power banner in my younger days then with all the flash gear I have had since. Some of those were at very long ranges as well. All the time I was meat hunting I used nothing but a fixed power MX4 Leupold with cpc crosshairs and never felt disadvantaged. Now a days it is nice to be using higher power scopes for precision gong or target shooting, but that is somewhat different from normal hunting ay