Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Can i lighten my sako 75

Quote Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
    did u put it the for sale section should sell
    Hes in Oz bro

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    Hes in Oz bro
    bugger
    Danny likes this.

Caretaker

They are a great rifle, mines in rem mag and i really enjoy using it
    Shootm, buzzman, Dreamer and 3 others like this.
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

Shame your not over here would sell in a heartbeat, i love those synthetic 75s
    puku likes this.

sneakywaza I got
    A few chin ups, shoulder shrugs and bicep curls each day, and your rifle will get lighter, for free! your welcome

Do a deal with a Kiwi on the rifle, go for an NZ hunt taking the rifle with using it for said hunt, exchange cash and come home and go shopping. Easy fix. I've done it twice and would again if I had a rifle to sell that a kiwi wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Ackley View Post
    Do a deal with a Kiwi on the rifle, go for an NZ hunt taking the rifle with using it for said hunt, exchange cash and come home and go shopping. Easy fix. I've done it twice and would again if I had a rifle to sell that a kiwi wanted
    That's not all that bad an idea, was originally planning on heading back over next year. Don't think I'll have a chance now though

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

sako 75 wood stocks are ridiculously heavy, my 25-06 wood stock weighs 43 oz. Put a McM sporter with edge tech to keep weight down which weighs 29 oz, so thats trimmed 14 oz off it.

Finished rifle with McM stock and No 3 shillen contour barrel 24" now weights 7lb 7oz which is still far too heavy! bottom metal and action too heavey to get anywhere near a T3!

sneakywaza I got
    Might be some thing wrong with me, my current favourite rifle is a .264 Win Mag that weighs 8.8lbs with ammo, carry it all day and night without drama, and I never sling a rifle unless I need my hands to climb, love the way a proper weight for calibre rifle will just come to you to shoot, when you have just hammered to the spot you need to shoot from and don't have time to slow down the breathing , or have to take a quick offhand shot.

Lighten the fuck out of a rifle in a calibre that has a little recoil, then put a suppressor or muzzle brake so you can cope better, why not just have a weight for calibre match with a decent length barrel, and you can get decent velocity without making your cases pucker up each time you pull the trigger. No suppressor needed!
    bully and rossi.45 like this.

Thanks for all the advice, ended up just selling it and ordering a sako A7. Dropped 800gm just doing that.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk
    dirtyhabit and HUNTY like this.

Thanks-for posting the outcome.

I'd not flute a rifle barrel if you paid me too! Just need to read a bit into barrel harmonics.
    http://www.gunsmith.co.nz/FlutingNotes.pdf
    Do some press ups and shoot straighter

Quote Originally Posted by NZVarminter View Post
    sako 75 wood stocks are ridiculously heavy, my 25-06 wood stock weighs 43 oz. Put a McM sporter with edge tech to keep weight down which weighs 29 oz, so thats trimmed 14 oz off it.

Finished rifle with McM stock and No 3 shillen contour barrel 24" now weights 7lb 7oz which is still far too heavy! bottom metal and action too heavey to get anywhere near a T3!
    One reason for lugging around a suppressor (and you already state that weight isn't an issue): I like my hearing.....and had a deaf dog get run over - he was deaf from hanging around a braked rifle... (maybe he was just dumb - but I still feel guilty).