Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Cheap e cat safes?

Quote Originally Posted by oneipete View Post
    Keep an eye out for auctions or businesses going under sorta thing. I got an old safe a few years back from a warehouse being pulled down for $600.

Had to build a massive sloping ramp of logs a metre high and 4 metres long just to get it off the trailer.
    Then had to use some pretty strong jacks and pulleys to move the damn thing into place. Took an entire weekend just to move it 3 metres.
    Got a mate who welds to help put an old gas tank around it so its disguised as a fireplace.Even chucked some paper & kindling in it so it looks the part.

Hell of an effort, pain in the ass if we ever moved.
    i like that dont make it look like a safe in situation, i guy i was in the pistol club with had about 4 or 5 safes in his garage it just looked like work benches and cupboards, you wouldnt of had a clue he had all sorts in there, we do have to be careful how we advertise our storage, a firearm to your wifes head and your going to cough up the keys anyway, better they dont know you have anything.
    Muckos Shooting accessories and engineering https://www.facebook.com/aimnzengineering/

Lux
    Im also looking into getting my E cat this year cheapest safe i could find was $999 at Paintball Shop for a 10/15 gun safe looks like they have sold out now but iv herd they are getting more, other wise $1500 was next cheapest for 10 gun or a fire resistant or one from gun city is $1800. Im going to sika show next month anyone know if there will be good deals on safe there?

res
    Probably best to look at the actual dimensions rather that the supposed number it can hold. Have had some that can only nicely hold half what they claim and others hold what they say
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    Probably best to look at the actual dimensions rather that the supposed number it can hold. Have had some that can only nicely hold half what they claim and others hold what they say
    Had this happen with standard safes as well. Also check how far the door swings open, some only part open which can be right nuisance

Lux
    The paint ball shop said at least 10 and said that they dont bullshit the amount it can hold, but all have the dimensions hard to find one for under $1000 thats the least im expecting to pay i wont be buying a TM one for 699 id rather spend a lil more and get a good one.