Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Christensen Arms Rifles

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Be cool to see it in the flesh then. I wonder if they use a OEM trigger or a Bix n Andy one?
    I was hoping the Bix n Andy one but forgot to ask.
    My offroad is lightish with the aimpoint on it. Put the March or another scope and it gets up there. Its not a problem. I would just like it a bit lighter.
    The offroad is a good stock tho. I wont be getting the new carbon stock before the spring. I will be keeping the offroad.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    Any of those higher end guns, you handle them and you realise just how rough some of the American rifles have got. Much as I love my Sako, to get something tidy that makes sense to me, I could have saved a lot of money just getting a Blazer.

You either get a bent, rough as guts American gun from a normal manufacturer or you buy something like a Blazer a bit of care went into and just get on with shooting it.
    The thing is those "rough as guts American guns" are less than a quarter of the price.....which is a problem for the "average" Kiwi hunter......

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    The thing is those "rough as guts American guns" are less than a quarter of the price.....which is a problem for the "average" Kiwi hunter......
    You justifying cheap guns is a bit of a laugh tbf, Greg! Just one of your many cheap machines is worth more than my whole gunsafe.

By the time people settle on a rifle and had several bits of shit that let them down, they may as well heed the advice to buy smart, once, and have a decent bit of kit that will last them for years.
    There are plenty of quality rifles out there that fit the bill. Blaser is just one of them. In saying that, I have owned and been happy with Remmys and Tikkas.
    I just prefer the Blaser as it suits my hunting style and needs.
    I can take 3 calibres and scopes in one gun case and within seconds I can go from pinging varmits at range with my .223 to LR steel with the AI. I can genuinely cover all my bases out of the one case.
    On a bad day I may shoot groups with any of my barrels out to and around an inch.

R93
    We dont have the awesome varmiting country here on the coast like you Otago boys have. I would use them if we had.
    I use my .223 by far the most and the other cals only come out this time of year and are then cleaned and locked up at the end of winter.

Name:  DSC00216.jpg
Views: 3025
Size:  155.6 KB

.260 AI barrel fitted. .223 barrel and only tool ya need to service your R93.

One barrel is on long term loan and I am still deciding on a .280AI barrel or 7mmsaum for my final barrel.
    Last edited by R93; 14-04-2013 at 03:28 PM. Reason: add pic
    ishoot10s and Neckshot like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    We dont have the awesome varmiting country here on the coast like you Otago boys have. I would use them if we had.
    I use my .223 by far the most and the other cals only come out this time of year and are then cleaned and locked up at the end of winter.

Attachment 8721

.260 AI barrel fitted. .223 barrel and only tool ya need to service your R93.

One barrel is on long term loan and I am still deciding on a .280AI barrel or 7mmsaum for my final barrel.
    love the kit presentation!!........just finnished putting three rounds into one hole with my Winchester!!!.........that has been upgraded with a mint barrel and gunsmithing and a qualtiy scope bringing my factory rough american rifle inline with a much better rifle still for less money than a new sako 85 finnlight.........but its still not a sako!!!! ill still get n 85 one day.
    kokako likes this.

R93
    Still cant wash out the Grunt in me after all these yrs

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    A Niggeloh sling too Dave...

Snap!
    Name:  Blaster.jpg
Views: 1589
Size:  144.5 KB

I had a 3 calibre system going, but sold a complete .223 Match Offroad to buy a JP Enterprises AR, and just the other day sold my .416RM barrel to pay for a new Nightforce. So my Blaster is restricted to just being a 300WM now... Not that I have a problem with that.
    The CA Carbon stock for the R93 does look nice, hope you enjoy it when it turns up.
    Last edited by ishoot10s; 14-04-2013 at 07:01 PM.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

R93
    Good spotting on the sling chap!! I got it at a sporting shoot and it fit the euro sling loops.
    It's lasted well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. So please forgive my sausage fingers!!!

You justifying cheap guns is a bit of a laugh tbf, Greg! Just one of your many cheap machines is worth more than my whole gunsafe.
    So Dave do you want to swap your Blaser for a T3 or 700 ????

R93
    No. Why? I wouldn't know how to work a normal bolt anymore anyway.

No. Why? I wouldn't know how to work a normal bolt anymore anyway.

Well you did say "Just one of your many cheap machines is worth more than my whole gunsafe" if that is the case you are onto a winner...???

R93
    I am a winner alright. Ha Ha