Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dear gunshop owners

Ejected

Dear gunshop owners

Gun City is bad BUT they still look better than the likes of allan millars hunting and fishing. Now they are a bunch of lying cunts. Can't even sort out who is lying and who isn't there. Scumbag outfit that is.

Post shortened a lot cause quite frankly I can't be arsed dealing with the whole shooting box of lying useless pricks.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    And none of them have the decency to give you shit for nothing.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Ouch.

Not an owner but a worker ( not in H&F) whats the issue ? If its a warranty thing I may be able to assist.

No point in telling porkies when your in retail as you will get caught sooner or later .

Ejected
    Which issue Clint? One day I wondered in with a desperate need for a .223, now that is getting pretty basic in the rifle line and I could have been talked into spending a bit on it. But no, not a new one on the shelf, so against my better judgement ended up walking out with (don't say it!!) a marlin 22 magnum. Well it was back soon after with a firing problem, fine, just fix the fucking thing. Took it away again and same shit!! But this is what happens when instead of sending thing's to a real gunsmith you let the boyo's in the shop at it AGAIN (this happens very regularly at that shop) So ended up having to make a mercy dash to pick up another rifle so I could keep working. Of course that fucker got slammed on the bench when I was next in town and they were told about placement of said fucking pile of shit.

Or another one was a needed a double gun, all I could get was a extractor model so it had to do. Asked a mate to drop it into the smith and see if there was any way to drop ejectors into it. He just happened to be going to said gunshop (I use the term VERY loosely) so asked there. They bleated about why didn't I just buy a model like that and I was just to tight to pay the extra. WRONG FUCKWIT!! The queer cunts didn't have one (AGAIN), it is that simple. Can't buy something that is not there to be bought.

The list of lies told at that store is impressive, and cuntynac is way up the food chain in h&f.............

oh I see.

Yep got to keep the std cals on hand.

There has been delays getting a few brands with shipping etc but always try to have a least the bases covered .

Helps that we have a few shop loaner guns as well for those "I need one now" or when your rifle is at the gunsmith moments .

Not sure I understand WH could you be a bit more descriptive please...............
    Machete don't text!
    (.)(.) = :-)))

Ejected
    You know the fat ugly chick no one wants at the end of the night? The one that someone ends up taking home? That's THAT shop.

doesn't matter had sex. thats all that counts

ebf
    WH, why do you keep going back to them if they are providing such poor service ?

There are many NZ shops to choose from, most you can buy over the internet, or else they can courier items to you. If the NZ guys can't offer exceptional service that makes it worth spending your money with them, them buy overseas...

Shop around, compare prices, beware of shops with "virtual stock", and quite frankly, if they don't deserve it, don't give them your money...

SiB
    Well said ebf.
    If I have a problem with any retailer I vote with my feet. If that means I have to be doubly careful to ensure I allow sufficient lead-up time when using alternative suppliers/sources, then that's my responsibility.

If, because the timeline etc is short and I'm 'forced' to use the not-my-favourite retailer, then I go in with my eyes open, and am not niaive (spelling?) in my expectations - in other words, I don't expect them to suddenly become magically wonderful.

I can totally understand anyone's disappointment when any retailer (or person we meet for that matter) doesn't meet our expectations and lets us down. People are like that - shop elsewhere. I have very clear opinions on a range of people, and retailers I deal with. I stay with the ones I like. I drop the ones I don't. Simple.

shuffle shuffle puts soap-box away

i agree with ebf if ya dont like them dont shop there. plenty more want your stack. but i know where you are comming from.

Baz
    This is why I prefer the personalised service of my local gun and locksmith. Even better is who you know in you local shooting club. It's all wholesale there.

Banned
    So you went in for a 223 and walked out with a 22 mag! is this shop the only one around for miles to you?If you wanted a 223 and couldnt go anywere else what stoped you from getting a 243?

Ejected
    Visa ad on some of these replies

Spot the people that don't live in Dunners/Otago on the gunshop choices. IT WAS MY LAST PORT OF CALL! We are rather limited on choice. (Don't say Mosgiel gimp, I walked in and asked for three different thing's the other day and he had none of them)
    No I don't have time to fluff around waiting for several days for something to be couriered in. If however I do have the time on the odd rare occasion then fine, after reading what Clint's shop do I might be putting them on speed dial.
    Overseas? Even less chance,
    Do I have spare rifles/guns for this type of thing? Some of the time, but for some reason they end up in use and it's back to one rifle.
    .243. LMAO when I read that! I wonder if the cockies would pay for that ammo to smoke rabbits?

I believe no matter what that there is a basic list for any gunshop, if you haven't got that gear ON THE SHELF then change the name to hardware store that has some gun stuff sometimes, maybe.

Get right up them WH!
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!