Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 169
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: E-CAT Endorsement Requirements

  1. #136
    Semper excretia Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ubique
    Posts
    4,812
    Quote Originally Posted by matto1234 View Post
    Be looking forward to my new government subsidized E cat safe and endorsement fee waiver then
    Might be waiting a while.

    I am, as always, up for correction but as far as I'm aware there's never been a government subsidised anything when it comes to securing a firearm. However if one has satisfactory security in place already, all you need to do is register your firearm and your endorsement application fee of ~$200 is waived.

    #priorities

  2. #137
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Might be waiting a while.

    I am, as always, up for correction but as far as I'm aware there's never been a government subsidised anything when it comes to securing a firearm. However if one has satisfactory security in place already, all you need to do is register your firearm and your endorsement application fee of ~$200 is waived.

    #priorities
    Not everybody with an A Cat license has sufficient security to satisfy E Cat requirement though and not all can afford a $1000+ new safe
    veitnamcam and mikee like this.

  3. #138
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by matto1234 View Post
    Not everybody with an A Cat license has sufficient security to satisfy E Cat requirement though and not all can afford a $1000+ new safe
    You don't have to get an E cat safe.You could sell your semi auto guns instead. Then use the money to buy a Tikka T3.

  4. #139
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    562
    Why on earth would i do that? Just because i dont need a 30 round mag doesnt mean i dont need a semi auto.

  5. #140
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,774
    Quote Originally Posted by matto1234 View Post
    Why on earth would i do that? Just because i dont need a 30 round mag doesnt mean i dont need a semi auto.
    I suspect you might be being "trolled", because you are "fit and proper" and I want one should be the only reason you need. Semi auto or not, big mag .........or not.

    I have never quite worked out why you can be trusted with gun type "A" but not with type "B" as its somehow more dangerouser
    I work so that I can live, not live so that I can work.

  6. #141
    Member Sasquatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    You don't have to get an E cat safe.You could sell your semi auto guns instead. Then use the money to buy a Tikka T3.
    Why not have both? Both are equally as good dependant on application/needs.

    Dear God, does every single one of your posts have to be trolling you semi-auto hating fruitcake.
    mikee, Tommy, rossi.45 and 1 others like this.

  7. #142
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Why not have both? Both are equally as good dependant on application/needs.

    Dear God, does every single one of your posts have to be trolling you semi-auto hating fruitcake.
    I'm simply giving him options to avoid buying an E cat safe. although if he's serious about security, he should already have one.

    Oh, and you don't shouldn't use blasphemy in your posts. This is a Christian country.

  8. #143
    Member dogmatix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern Gaul (Pukekohe)
    Posts
    2,244
    Take your religion and discuss on another forum please. Ideally one where you are the only member.
    veitnamcam, 199p, 308 and 9 others like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

  9. #144
    Member 199p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palmerston North
    Posts
    2,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Why not have both? Both are equally as good dependant on application/needs.

    Dear God, does every single one of your posts have to be trolling you semi-auto hating fruitcake.
    Can people stop quoting him onky way i see his dribble

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    mikee, 308 and Danger Mouse like this.
    Quote
    "I Know you're not Jono because you havnt changed your mind ten times"

  10. #145
    Member dogmatix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern Gaul (Pukekohe)
    Posts
    2,244
    Just added the first name to my ignore list.
    308 and Danger Mouse like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

  11. #146
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    176
    me too.
    308 likes this.

  12. #147
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    5,774
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger Mouse View Post
    me too.
    Added to mine since ages ago
    308 and Steve123 like this.
    I work so that I can live, not live so that I can work.

  13. #148
    JWB
    JWB is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of delusion and irrationality.
    That must be why the police tool-up with assault rifles, hi-capacity pistols, stun guns and body armour, when they go out to mix and mingle with their public that loves them. When they get a little more anxious they go full Swat with the black ninja gear, attack dogs, helicopters, snipers, to arrest a fat man hiding in closet.

  14. #149
    Member dogmatix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northern Gaul (Pukekohe)
    Posts
    2,244
    To be fair, they were tooled up because they were nervous of the fat mans's poorly paid security guards. Who were more personal assistants than guards.
    Steve123 likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

  15. #150
    Member Carlsen Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Port Chalmers
    Posts
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    I'm simply giving him options to avoid buying an E cat safe. although if he's serious about security, he should already have one.

    Oh, and you don't shouldn't use blasphemy in your posts. This is a Christian country.

    No it's not. Thank the fucking lord.
    Put the keyboard down. Now kick it over here.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. The ultimate hunting light endorsement....
    By mudgripz in forum The Magazine
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13-04-2012, 01:18 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!