Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: E-CAT Endorsement Requirements

I hope the liars are still reading this thread. They just got called on their BS. Yet again making S&^t up to get their way, and not enforcing the law.

Their lies and bullshit and own statistics are all ammo we can use against them.

Just to add on to the manufacturing of arms. A quick YouTube and Google provides a wide range of information on how to make a fully automatic sub machine gun or pistols. Shit ones but nonetheless they'll still fire bullets and lots of them. They've found them in Australia so it's not inconceivable that the knowledge and experience has cone across the ditch.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

3D printing and someone who's "good with tools" can make anything now.

You will need a permit to procure a printer or a lathe next 😣
    Next stop dictatorship.

Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    blake and stretch like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

i cant warrant applying for a E cat with my current shooting activities and the costs to do so but that doesnt stop me from owning exactly the same semi auto firearm with a smaller capacity magazine and storing it in a safe which wouldnt meet the standards of an E cat license holder makes me wonder if it is just a money gathering scheme cause it makes no difference what so ever to the functionality of the firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by matto1234 View Post
    i cant warrant applying for a E cat with my current shooting activities and the costs to do so but that doesnt stop me from owning exactly the same semi auto firearm with a smaller capacity magazine and storing it in a safe which wouldnt meet the standards of an E cat license holder makes me wonder if it is just a money gathering scheme cause it makes no difference what so ever to the functionality of the firearm.
    Yea that's one thing I've never been able to grasp with E-cat, my A-cat semi auto functions exactly the same but it's just looks uglier and I have to reload more often. It would be nice to have my SLR looking 'proper' but in my current situation I can't justify spending that much more money on a new safe + licence just to have a bigger mag and better aesthetics. I guess that's why the Police are pushing to make ALL semi autos E-cat.

Be looking forward to my new government subsidized E cat safe and endorsement fee waiver then
    veitnamcam and 308 like this.

Keeping in mind that this very thread was quoted by police in their secret submission regarding arms policy as a "cheat sheet" for people to get an E-cat license through some nefarious backdoor means (which were never quite explained) I would point out that the reason why you feel funny about the odd-seeming line between what is an E-cat and what is an A-cat is most likely to be for the extremely good reason that the whole E-cat definition concept is about as much good as a chocolate fireblanket and was invented by eedjits

It feels stupid because it is stupid, and I say that as a B/E/C endorsed shooter - it's the same fuckin gun just with different furniture

Now they want universal registration and these muppets have missed the bus totally - if they had wanted to limit high-cap mags for example then it would make some sort of sense but instead the police have chased after pistol grips and flash hiders which are red herrings - a pistol grip makes threequarters of fuckall difference to how deadly a firearm can be in the hands of someone with ill intent - how about limiting shoot-em-up zombie killing videogames? Someone could surely make a case for saying that they habituate users to killing human-like people
    Not to dump on gamers, more to point out how pathetic the reasoning behind the secret submission has been

Instead of just ranting we can point out to the next non-shooting member of the public that they should care about the proposal to universally register firearms because it is a total boondoggle - remind your non-shooting mates that it will make Novapay look cheap and remember the magic word- "INCIS"

The police are meant to keep a register of current firearms for B / E / C cat users and in my case they can't even achieve that with any level of accuracy
    If they had a record of showing that they are competent then I might consider it a good idea on its merits but they can't even keep up with the system that they run now, why the fuck should these spankcarrots waste my tax dollars for no damn good reason on a system that is set up to fail and will drive more legal fireams users underground?

You want my money to keep fucking up and you expect me to agree?

Go take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut
    veitnamcam, Beavis and Knoxy_09 like this.

Be looking forward to my new government subsidized E cat safe and endorsement fee waiver then
    Might be waiting a while.

I am, as always, up for correction but as far as I'm aware there's never been a government subsidised anything when it comes to securing a firearm. However if one has satisfactory security in place already, all you need to do is register your firearm and your endorsement application fee of ~$200 is waived.

#priorities

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Might be waiting a while.

I am, as always, up for correction but as far as I'm aware there's never been a government subsidised anything when it comes to securing a firearm. However if one has satisfactory security in place already, all you need to do is register your firearm and your endorsement application fee of ~$200 is waived.

#priorities
    Not everybody with an A Cat license has sufficient security to satisfy E Cat requirement though and not all can afford a $1000+ new safe
    veitnamcam and mikee like this.

Banned
    Not everybody with an A Cat license has sufficient security to satisfy E Cat requirement though and not all can afford a $1000+ new safe
    You don't have to get an E cat safe.You could sell your semi auto guns instead. Then use the money to buy a Tikka T3.

Why on earth would i do that? Just because i dont need a 30 round mag doesnt mean i dont need a semi auto.

Why on earth would i do that? Just because i dont need a 30 round mag doesnt mean i dont need a semi auto.
    I suspect you might be being "trolled", because you are "fit and proper" and I want one should be the only reason you need. Semi auto or not, big mag .........or not.

I have never quite worked out why you can be trusted with gun type "A" but not with type "B" as its somehow more dangerouser
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post
    You don't have to get an E cat safe.You could sell your semi auto guns instead. Then use the money to buy a Tikka T3.
    Why not have both? Both are equally as good dependant on application/needs.

Dear God, does every single one of your posts have to be trolling you semi-auto hating fruitcake.
    mikee, Tommy, rossi.45 and 1 others like this.