Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By deer243

Thread: Federal Fusion Hunting Ammo.....How Good?

Federal Fusion Hunting Ammo.....How Good?

Any of you had much experience with Federal Fusion Hunting ammo in popular calibers such as 308,/7mm08, 30-06, 270, etc. In short, how reliably does it work on various deer?

Its excellent. I've used it in .243 and 270wsm. Grouped well in both and great penetration on reds.

My scout groups well with the .308 165 grain but haven't hunted with it yet. My Howa doesn't shoot the .308 150 grain well at all but all rifles are different.

My mate couldnt get it to group in his 7m 08.. My other mate couldnt get it to group in his 3006, and his mate couldnt get it to group in his 308....... seemed to shoot all over the place, all rifles like different things thou.
    In saying all that, the local gun shop tries to push this ammo on to me instead of the Fed powershoks i normally use. Just because its meant to be a better projectile and more top end for Federal doesnt mean that what you should be using. The Fed powershoks in 243 are just awesome, never let me down, the rifle groups real well with them an dead is dead, you dont get deader. So theres no point to change, even thou every time i go in there they normally out and continue to try sell me fusion i tell them to f k off lol. Noticed the price went down there after awhile, and all shops seemed to be pushing it and the results from the people i know who tried it and dont use it suggests maybe its not as good as they claiming and trying sell the punters dearer ammo for the sake of it. Wouldnt bother with it.
    Steve123 likes this.

I've got 2pkts of it in 270win if anyone is interested. Local is best. Make me an offer.

I've taken thar with it at 400m. It does the job in 270 and 243. MOA in the 270.

I shot 270 wsm into a beaten up tikka and group under 1 moa easily. No issues there. I don't even bother to reload for that gun.