Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Philipo
  • 3 Post By timattalon
  • 1 Post By stevodog

Thread: GOOD BUY?

GOOD BUY?

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    He'll yes. Almost to good to be true.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Scope is worth a pretty penny no idea hpwhat the package would be worth though

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Looks like just another Trad me fuk tard. He has no idea of what model or reticle the scope is, doesn't mention what make the suppressor or range finder are. Who made the loads up etc

So without knowing round count, condition of barrel, if it even shoots ( Most 338 will shoot & barrels last a while ) & the muzzle brake looks shite, however

Rifle $2500
    Scope $1800
    Assorted other shit rings bipod etc $700

$5000
    tikka, Willus and DLW like this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    He'll yes. Almost to good to be true.
    Got it as payment for debt.....Perhaps he sold a putt load of P and got paid with this and wants to turn it into foldy's....

On a more serious note, you have to wonder how he came to own it in truth....These are not impulse buys. This rig is a dream build by someone who really wanted one. Whoever paid for this knew what they wanted and for him to not know what it is in detail means it is not likely him who paid for it. As for settling debt, would any of you accept a payment along these lines if you did not KNOW anything about what it was you were accepting. This guy sounds like he does not know the difference between a Norinco and a Nightforce. So why would he take it as debt payment....??? Sounds too dodgy to be legit.
    Philipo, Willus and 6x47 like this.

Banned
    I'm not sure there is enough information here to cast aspersions. Assuming the seller is a licenced firearms holder I would say good luck to both buyer and seller with the trade.
    NZ_noddy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stevodog View Post
    I'm not sure there is enough information here to cast aspersions. Assuming the seller is a licenced firearms holder I would say good luck to both buyer and seller with the trade.
    Fair enough. And the first point is "tongue in cheek".

The point I was trying to make is more along the lines of why would he accept it as a payment of debt, if he does not know any real information about it, whether it is a cheap rifle or an expensive one?

Personally, I would not be comfortable myself buying this without more detail. It still sounds fishy to me. But that is my opinion and I have no evidence to back it up. Just the feeling I get when I read the auction.

I actually hope I am wrong and that the buyer gets a rifle that he/she is happy with.
    Last edited by timattalon; 30-07-2017 at 09:47 AM.

It's not a bad buy, all the gear to start shooting longe range just need a set of dies, shell holders etc to start reloading for it. I'm sort of interested in it if it was only the rifle and once the barrels cooked rebarrel it to a 300 or 338 Norma Mag. But I'm not keen on a non zero stop scope, a shittie muzzle break and another rangefinder.

Banned
    All good Timattalon. I guess we don't know the circumstances with regard to the debt, though being in the trade yourself I suppose you would recognise it as a quality bit of kit. Everyone has different thresholds for risk and due diligence I guess.

Looks like @camo wsm is keen ,you need therapy bro!

Quote Originally Posted by von tempsky fan View Post
    Looks like @camo wsm is keen ,you need therapy bro!
    Haha we will see

Quote Originally Posted by stevodog View Post
    All good Timattalon. I guess we don't know the circumstances with regard to the debt, though being in the trade yourself I suppose you would recognise it as a quality bit of kit. Everyone has different thresholds for risk and due diligence I guess.

Not quite sure I would refer to myself as "in the trade". I assist Talon Arms post quake while he sorts out his shop and I have access to sell what stock he does have left. But my knowledge is not much more than a customer who spends far too much time in the shop. In truth that last phrase is probably a very apt description.

If a question is posed to me, I usually know where to find the answer or who to ask, but I would never pretend to know mch more than an average shooter. I even have a real job in an entirely different industry that is full time and what I do for Talon is in my spare time outside of work. What I do know, I am happy to share, and I am always looking to learn more....

Trademe admin pulled the listing ,might have been suspect after all.

Is back up on Tardme, with a $4000 bid