Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: Good Gun Shop feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    He's what I've found Attachment 20681
    Hi Maca that should fit i think but is it 1" or 30mm..

Please PM me the price... n delivery cost...

I will try it and see if sits in well..By the look it should

PM your address and I'll send them down, I think they are 1" I check, it's 1" you want?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    Don't worry, you will one day
    Got it today! They had a good run but it couldn't last forever, right?

Reminded myself why I spend my money at the Outdoorsman this morning, went in to inquire about a box of Barnaul .308 ammo. They didnt have any but getting the sense that I was after a heavy bullet at low price he offered to do me some 180gr hand loads at a very good price. And on top of that was very helpful with some other info I was after, even providing contact details for the people who could help me further.

A lot of retailers wont even give the little guy a second thought but the team at the Outdoorsman have always provided outstanding service, over and above what is asked
    mucko and Toby like this.

Quote Originally Posted by big_foot View Post
    Reminded myself why I spend my money at the Outdoorsman this morning, went in to inquire about a box of Barnaul .308 ammo. They didnt have any but getting the sense that I was after a heavy bullet at low price he offered to do me some 180gr hand loads at a very good price. And on top of that was very helpful with some other info I was after, even providing contact details for the people who could help me further.

A lot of retailers wont even give the little guy a second thought but the team at the Outdoorsman have always provided outstanding service, over and above what is asked
    Good service makes a good business. And the best part is it doesnt cost you a cent. I'll always give my money to somone who makes me feel welcome even if it costs me a little more.
    Invest a little time in your clients/customers, and they will invest cash in you...
    mucko, big_foot and stumpy like this.

Just like to put one in for Digit at NZ ar15 for putting up with my many email questions and then all my questions yesterday . Got the rifle at a great price and a scope with a free mount and my friend got some bits also .

We got the rifle to the range and after 10 rounds and cleaning inbetween to sight we achived 1 moa group and 1 sub moa group @ 100M needless to say im very happy
    JoshC, Thirdguy, stumpy and 1 others like this.

Stopped by Reloaders en route back from a friend's place and arrived at 1235 as they were closing the doors. In my sinus infected addled state I mistook them for customers and forgot that they close at 1200.

Anyway as I alighted the vehicle, I was greeted with a "what are you after mate?" Told them i was after some x39 and we popped inside and concluded the transaction and i thanked him.

Most stores would have been "sorry we are closed". Another reason why I continue to be a customer of theirs.
    Kscott, veitnamcam, JoshC and 8 others like this.

Nah Dundee it was $25 for a hundy pk of cci's and $18 at verns....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My opinion about best gun shop is, the one who don't only focus in the profit. However few of the following are all about profit they also offer me a great costumer service when I need it.
    Wilhelm Arms and Optics ChCh, Reloaders Akl, Gunworks ChCh, Hamils Wanaka, Huntin and Fishin NZ Cromwell.
    So here is my 50cent.

Every one is out to make a profit man, I sure as shit dont work for free. Good service is one of the best ways to add value to a retail business.
    It doesnt cost you a cent, and people will always come back to a place where they feel welcome.
    Ryan, grunzter and PERRISCICABA like this.

Workshop innovations

Emailed asking about how I can pay as I don't do credit cards and stuff and didn't see an online banking option. He emailed back within 20min told me what one to choose. Done and dusted. Here 2 days after I asked how to pay. Packed really well and came with some jelly beans.

Good stuff.
    steven likes this.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Workshop innovations

Emailed asking about how I can pay as I don't do credit cards and stuff and didn't see an online banking option. He emailed back within 20min told me what one to choose. Done and dusted. Here 2 days after I asked how to pay. Packed really well and came with some jelly beans.

Good stuff.
    Wasn't sent with Fastway then @Toby.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    Wasn't sent with Fastway then @Toby.
    Actually it was haha. They still suck shit pretty they lost my dies now
    VIVA LA HOWA

Gun City AKL

I pulled in there last Friday on my way down to "Toe paw", only because they had all the gear I wanted at one location and it was also closest to motorway on/off ramp. Bought some ammunition, a head lamp and a utility knife. Entered the store and gave the salesman specific details on the products I wanted.

They didn't have the knife I wanted so showed me three other knives which were between 3 and 5 times the price of the one that I was after. I can't really fault him for trying to upsell me, he is a salesman after all but I ignored the ones on offer and pointed out a Cold Steel Outdoorsman instead.

All in all the guy's attitude was great - friendly, efficient and didn't try pursue the upsell when I said "no". Gave me a bit of a discount on all the gear too.

Chris at Competition Guns

Dude is fast, clear and straight up