Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: H & K sl8-6

Stick with the well known brands as above but also put thought in to what you wish to do with it eg Target/match, hunting, plinking, tactical. I started with one AR and am now up to 4, all set up for different situations.

Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    Sort of spoilt for choice in NZ at the moment with the AR scene, especially if the funds are unlimited. Maybe you should give an indication on how much you wish to spend?
    3 to 4 k then additional for suppressor and scope
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

How much do you want to spend? Obviously if you want people to know you have the best Ar on the block you will need to import it bit by bit over several years from various boutique manufacturers that nobody has ever heard of and then tell people at the range AT LENGTH about all of its incredibly sophisticated features as it sprays shells in all directions and stovepipes every second magazine

or just buy this guys one - its the best cos he says so The best AR15(be one of the lucky few to own one) | Trade Me

Or 10 of these for the same price and bury them in the desert for when zombies start roaming the streets sks | Trade Me

How about this one - its the ultimate tactical package... 223 Gun City AR-15 M4 Tactical Package | Trade Me

Those SL8s don't do much for me. They're apparently the civvy version of the G36. I'm gonna be boring and say go with an AR as well. You can always buy a new upper in a different caliber if you want later.

What are you going to use the rifle for? If you got that much to put into a rifle it's worth doing a bit of research before chucking down your coin.

Careful Cyclist... he might take you seriously about that Gun City AR

SL8's were the rifle people bought cuz they couldn't get a AR at a non crack smoking price

Schmeisser seem weird and overpriced for something no-one has ever heard of and considering you'll still have to replace bits to make it not shit. A2 FSB and a janky looking non-floating handguard on a $4000 rifle? Nah. It's just Euro-fetishization. It's German?!?! It must be awesome!! (no)

Someone had a new RRA carbine for like 1999 on Trademe??

NEA are rough but functional once you swap out a few nasty bits for like 1899

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclist View Post
    How much do you want to spend? Obviously if you want people to know you have the best Ar on the block you will need to import it bit by bit over several years from various boutique manufacturers that nobody has ever heard of and then tell people at the range AT LENGTH about all of its incredibly sophisticated features as it sprays shells in all directions and stovepipes every second magazine

or just buy this guys one - its the best cos he says so The best AR15(be one of the lucky few to own one) | Trade Me

Or 10 of these for the same price and bury them in the desert for when zombies start roaming the streets sks | Trade Me

How about this one - its the ultimate tactical package... 223 Gun City AR-15 M4 Tactical Package | Trade Me
    Wicked confused piece of dog shit yes I am good to get everyone's helpful opinions so far RRA +HK+ R15 + these little pearls shame moss berg don't offer anything eh?
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    yeah the R15 is like, bottom of the list
    Hey Gimp,
    What's up with the R15s? Granted I don't own an AR and have only shot a couple, the Remmy seemed a lot nicer and more lightweight than a few of the other lower priced ones like Anderson Manufacturing, I forget the others. Am I just looking at shit ARs across the board?

I'd love one for long range bunny busting... But there's other bolt guns I want more before I head down the AR road.
    Toby likes this.

Do you have your E cat?

Not that you have to to own a nice (ish) AR but it opens other opportunities if you did have your E.

Either way, do NOT listen to anybody that tells you a R15 is a good option. They are idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Do you have your E cat?

Not that you have to to own a nice (ish) AR but it opens other opportunities if you did have your E.

Either way, do NOT listen to anybody that tells you a R15 is a good option. They are idiots.
    How come? What do they rank up light against the NEAs? What do you look for in a decent AR?
    I nearly bought one of those R15s :S

Quote Originally Posted by RimfireNZ View Post
    Hey Gimp,
    What's up with the R15s? Granted I don't own an AR and have only shot a couple, the Remmy seemed a lot nicer and more lightweight than a few of the other lower priced ones like Anderson Manufacturing, I forget the others. Am I just looking at shit ARs across the board?

I'd love one for long range bunny busting... But there's other bolt guns I want more before I head down the AR road.
    It's an overpriced shitty rebranded DPMS or Bushmaster (I can't remember which and it doesn't matter, they're both arse these days because of) with shitty QC, features and a horrible real tree paintjob

Literally no reason to buy one when you can get a better gun for less

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    If you're prepared to spend the dough, do the paperwork, find an exporter, and bring one in yourself, then look at one of the JP Enterprises offerings with the cryogenic supermatch barrel, in .223 Wylde. Either the CTR-02 or the JP-15. You may find one here but you'll be charged a premium. I can attest to the fact that both are capable of 0.25 MOA. When I brought my JP-15 in, the export fee alone was US$250. Landed here with duty etc it cost me just on NZ$5600 all up, then I still had to scope it. But it's an absolute tack driver... This was over two years ago now, when we were being expected to pay almost that kind of money for a plain old Bushy... In some shops, we're still expected to!

JP - JP-15™ Precision Rifle and Upper Assemblies

Ray.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    It's an overpriced shitty rebranded DPMS or Bushmaster (I can't remember which and it doesn't matter, they're both arse these days because of) with shitty QC, features and a horrible real tree paintjob

Literally no reason to buy one when you can get a better gun for less
    They're overpriced for a DPMS/Bushmaster? You can get them for less than $2200?
    Shows how much I knew. I thought bushmasters were half decent. I remember they were $5k a few years back. NEAs better than that?

The newer NEAs have a smooth finish and a good tight fit between the upper and lower. Yes the trigger is gritty and heavy and would be the first parts to swap out as is most ARs from what ive read on AR15.com forums. But for under 2K much better than a chinese clone. Check out the reviews on Facebook, nzar15 and North Eastern Arms pages.

You won't go wrong with a RRA. They have Wilson barrels and shoot real nice. Current national 3 gun tactical class champ shoots a Bushmaster with after market trigger, free floating hand guard etc. JPs are nice, but pricey!

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!