Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Hammer Spring 10/22 or Brno 581

Hi all

Have an issue with my Brno 581 with occasional misfires. I believe that it is the hammer spring. I have been told that a Ruger 10/22 hammer spring would fit and work better as there are no parts for the Brno 581/CZ511. Does anyone know a supplier in NZ? Or do you have a brilliant suggestion for solving this issue? It is a mint gun (when it fires), and it would be sad to see it not being used.

Regards
    Nathan

Going by the manuals/diagrams, they do look kind of similar, the Brno spring does appear to be slightly lighter if the drawings are accurate

http://stevespages.com/pdf/cz511.pdf

http://stevespages.com/ipb-ruger-1022.html

Mine is occasionally fussy to feed with the bigger mag and certain ammo types (555 bulk junk), but have never had many misfires. Is there much in the way of firing pin wear on the edge of the chamber?
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

As to the wear on the chamber, not that I can see. Someone has also said that it might me the shape of the pin. But then I hear from some that it should be squared off but others say it should be rounded!!! The misfires have been less since a massive clean out of the trigger group and a re-oil with a dry lube but we are lucky to get a five round group with out a miss. Have tried subs and supers in a variety of brands and it does not seem tied to one brand or the other. I think I will continue to seek out a 10/22 spring to see if that helps, as it is a non-destructive change. Thanks for the link to the 10/22 page.
    Nathan

I had a new hammer spring made for my 581 by greystone guns. It was misfiring heaps. Haven't tried it since the fix though.

Thanks, I will look them up. I have also ordered a 10/22 spring from the states. I will update the post when I find a solution.

You could try custom JP products. They don't have that part listed but you might try asking them.