Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Hardy Suppressor... THIS or THAT

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Must get one of those when i need to replace the rear as its evidently the first baffle that does the work. Still be nice nad light though.
    Can't really complain at that can ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Another DPT fan here

I've only used HRE cans - currently have a Gen 4 and really rate it. Same dimensions as the latest version just a tad louder - apparently

Have seen/heard DPT's in action - very nice product as well.

Dpt on my x39. Fully user serviceable. V happy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I've found Hardy's customer service (non suppressor related) to be terrible to a point I hope they go out of business...
    Don't waste your time with them, heard more bad about their suppressors than good that's for sure.
    DPT, MAE, ASE Ultra, ODL...

I've had gunworks, hardy, mae, jet au, ase, br reflex, a shitty thing from gun city...probably a few more.

Mae, jet au, ase, br reflex are all very good, but stupidly heavy.

Gunworks, awesome! Customer service second to none, instant no charge fix if you bust one. Had one on an m4 for chopper shooting goats...needless to say it was well used, still got it, still no issues.

Hardy, great until you have a problem...and then it becomes your problem, as customer service is quite simply put - shit!

Dpt look real good, but one of the only ones I've personally not owned. My next one will be a dpt or a gunworks

Kj

I'd have to agree with you there @grunzter, customer service is a joke and very arrogant to say the least. DPT, & Gunworks are awesome suppressors and good people to deal with. I have also recently had good success with Mark Bachelor's cans too.

Quote Originally Posted by grunzter View Post
    I've found Hardy's customer service (non suppressor related) to be terrible to a point I hope they go out of business...
    Don't waste your time with them, heard more bad about their suppressors than good that's for sure.
    DPT, MAE, ASE Ultra, ODL...
    grunzter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Shot View Post
    Without coming across rude, MAE work, I have this bugger on my .300 Win Mag (combo for sale )and frankly the noise reduction allows me to shoot without hearing protection and the recoil reduction is superb... yes heavier and pricing, but you get what you pay for, give Gary or Jeff a call, you never know what they may have in the workshop

Attachment 45971
    Has your scope healed yet? Looks like it's just gotten out of A&E

I've had or currently own; MAE (too heavy for hunting), DPT, (light, cheap and not durable inside - but does that matter), Gunworks (heavier than DPT AND HRE but OK suppressor) and Hardy Rifle Engineering (light, very well made and cutting edge technology).

To answer you actual question... (Others struggled with this a bit I see!). Either of the two options that you propose should have the same effect on accuracy however the stealth will be quieter, it will be heavier so I'd go for the Gen 5 option.

If you're a bit tight on funds you could go for the cheaper DPT suppressor and cover it with a HRE cover like I did... ;-)

Enlighten me whats the point of a cover on a supressor, added sale?

If it gets cold, it shrinks.
    puku and SlimySquirrel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Enlighten me whats the point of a cover on a suppressor, added sale?
    Stops it making a loud dinging noise through scrub and it protects it...it also adds size so if your scope is low then you can see more of it.... I like that "Coban" tape that sticks to itself as you can put as much or as little as you want on.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimySquirrel View Post
    Stops it making a loud dinging noise through scrub and it protects it...it also adds size so if your scope is low then you can see more of it.... I like that "Coban" tape that sticks to itself as you can put as much or as little as you want on.
    It also makes it quieter and reduced mirage caused by a hot suppressor. Conversely it makes the suppressor cool down slower as well. I have lost\destroyed a couple of foam suppressor covers so last time just put a bit of bicycle tube over the bloody thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kimjon View Post
    I've had gunworks, hardy, mae, jet au, ase, br reflex, a shitty thing from gun city...probably a few more.

Mae, jet au, ase, br reflex are all very good, but stupidly heavy.

Gunworks, awesome! Customer service second to none, instant no charge fix if you bust one. Had one on an m4 for chopper shooting goats...needless to say it was well used, still got it, still no issues.

Hardy, great until you have a problem...and then it becomes your problem, as customer service is quite simply put - shit!

Dpt look real good, but one of the only ones I've personally not owned. My next one will be a dpt or a gunworks

Kj
    Rather illuminating comments.The only complaint about DPT is that you generally keep buying more.Shove an extra baffle on any model.It does not affect balance and seems much quieter.
    7mmsaum, Blaser and Mathias like this.

Any reviews on ssrnz?