Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Help required - scope rings

So everything I found said a cz 452 american takes 3/8" rings so I picked up a pair of B-Square 3/8" dovetail rings went to put them on and I end up with the following. If I tighten them any further he clamp comes in on an angle and wont sut flush with the rings. Now am I doing something wrong (which is entirely possible) or do they not take 3/8" at all. The very helpfull manual says to see a gunsmith to fit a scope. Unfortunately my other scopes fit pic-rails so I cant even try them.
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

have you tried the clamps rotated 180 degrees? Some of the scope mounts offer this way of fitting both metric and imperial dovetails: one way up it is metric, the other it is imperial.

Yeah - I gave that a shot but the holes the clamps dont line up.

Not much help except to say I use either Warne or Burris Sig with the reversable clamps and they fit a treat on either.
    And yeah this chart confirms yours as 3/8"
    http://www.diproductsinc.com/UIImage...alog-Chart.JPG

I have also recently used a set of these
    https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/produc...roducts_id=247
    but in 11mm option on a 455. I wanted to play with the scope height a bit and had a spare set of Burris Sig Zee rings in the right height. A nice solid set up.
    Last edited by zimmer; 01-10-2016 at 02:33 PM.

It was my understanding that the Cz Americans were 3/8 and the Euro's 11mm. I am also of the understanding these measurements are also taken from a different referance point on the rail/mount but I could be wrong! My 452 fs measures 11mm.
    Could it be that the 3/8 mounting is for "American market" rifles and not the "American model" sold in other countries?

Beg steal or borrow some 11mm to try , looks like the base of the ring is too small? Which would make sense if its actually an 11mm dovetail

Hey man. I tried the Warne .22 rings on mine... They're very nice and well priced too.

They fit bot sizes depending on which way you turn the base.

Hi guys - thanks for that. I will give that a shot.
    Cheers

Looks like the bevel on that clamp hasn't been made properly or it's inverted, You said you tried turning it 180 degrees.
    I've used Warne ring's on my CZs and they work well, they don't fit perfectly, but have never had them move.

The CZ 452 American and Varmint are not a proper 3/8" dovetail, they are 3/8" at the base of the dovetail but the angle is different so the top of dovetail is wider than standard. You can get rings that fit this perfectly, I know Leupold make them and call them 13mm rings.
    Don't know why they didn't just do a proper 3/8" dovetail?????

Quote Originally Posted by Beetroot View Post
    Looks like the bevel on that clamp hasn't been made properly or it's inverted, You said you tried turning it 180 degrees.
    I've used Warne ring's on my CZs and they work well, they don't fit perfectly, but have never had them move.

The CZ 452 American and Varmint are not a proper 3/8" dovetail, they are 3/8" at the base of the dovetail but the angle is different so the top of dovetail is wider than standard. You can get rings that fit this perfectly, I know Leupold make them and call them 13mm rings.
    Don't know why they didn't just do a proper 3/8" dovetail?????
    Yeah it just doesnt fit right at all. I have a set of Warne rings on the way .
    Your last question is exactly what was running through my mind when I couldnt get anything to fit.

11mm versus 3/8" rings