Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

High magnification optic for 22lr

Hi looking for a high mag optic (24x and up )for 22lr target shooting, seems we have much less options here than in the uk.
    the likes of Hawke, mueller etc. don't need it built like a tank, will only ever be on the 22, can't even find a mueller supplier here.

Any suggestions / info on suppliers?

Thanks

Check out nzar15.com, Ken/Digit used to have some Lucid scopes and he was the NZ distributor for Mueller before. I've got a Mueller 8-25 with microdot for silhouettes on a CZ which is fab, and a Lucid L5 from Ken on my rabbit 223. The L5 is quite clear but comes with ballistic reticle.

Hawke's are available locally.

I have a Mueller 8-32x44 I could let go of. Let me know.

I've read some pretty average reviews on the lucid, you find yours ok?

Has it had much use? I'm not particularly fond of buying second hand scopes, they are generally fragile things, but if it's in good condition I could be interested.

I have both a vortex diamondback that goes to 6-18 and a Weaver that goes 6-24 varmint both go really well on the Cz 22lr I have and both were 350 to 400. In fact the weaver has been so good it's currently sitting atop the 7 rem mag.

The weavers come out on specials from time to time or like me purchased thru clubs the vortex is my fave though great glass for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedirge View Post
    I've read some pretty average reviews on the lucid, you find yours ok?
    Love it. I don't use the ballistic reticle but my own load and data. 396m on a rabbit best to date.

Thanks for the info, i have a nikon 6-24x50 sitting on my 223, its an excellent scope, but cant afford to drop that much $$ on a scope for the 22 just now, although the Anschutz 64 mpr probably deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    Check out nzar15.com, Ken/Digit used to have some Lucid scopes and he was the NZ distributor for Mueller before. I've got a Mueller 8-25 with microdot for silhouettes on a CZ which is fab, and a Lucid L5 from Ken on my rabbit 223. The L5 is quite clear but comes with ballistic reticle.
    Oh wow Ken posts here? That's awesome. Definitely the most helpful person I've dealt with in a long time. I have some more stuff on the way from him now actually..