Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Howa mini .223

Ejected

Howa mini .223

To say this has been an interesting purchase is an understatement. The current importer wants rooting the USELESS fucks!

Walked into the gunshop first thing on a Monday morning asking for a price on one of these with the rubberised stock, said to let me know ASAP and get it down. Somehow I'd ended up in the position of only having one 223 and the barrel had crapped out on that so it was away for a rebarrel. I figured if they got the order Monday morning in theory I should have seen it Friday arvo, what a fucking dreamer I am!
    Three fucking weeks later it turned up, and it turned up with the wrong stock. Fine, go sight it in and get to work. Well the mongrel wouldn't group even at 50 scopes tight bla bla and just happened to look down at the can. FUCK!! new rifle had shot the side out of it, so back to the gunshop for a quick yarn and try and sort the mess out. They said get it fixed and we'll pay so that's what happened to fix that.

Finally got it back and still can't get it to group, tried three different cans and all shit. I ran out of time to try it with the can off so just dropped it at the gunshop for them to have a play.
    They tried several cans before finding it shot really well with a DPT and also some heavy 30 cal can they had, it also shot well with no can on.

The cock sucking import outfit are saying we should have sent it back and they would have sent it to america to be fixed and the dirty pieces of shit don't want to cough for a replacement can.
    Yeah, I really want to send it back to america and be down a gun for who knows how many months. The current importers are just incompetent clowns that aren't worth dealing with if this is what they call service.

Note: I never thought to check the twist rate as I assumed it would be the same as the other Howa's, but after doing some research it seems they are 1:9 twist instead of the 1:12.

How do you find the barrel for heating up and does it seem to walk POI? Is it much skinnier than a standard sporter?

I know other Steve was thinking about picking one of those up a while back.. seems like his HMR is keeping him busy for now though.