Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Howa Stock Options

I am building up a Howa and I'm trying to figure out what stock to get for it. I would buy Gordy's Wild Dog off him but his McMillan hasn't arrived yet so he needs it still. HighTech inlet for the Howa and they will ship to NZ but I'm not sure if the Hightech will be too little and be uncomfortable. It looks like it might be. I've been trying to get a B&C Carbelite off DED but they don't have any stock. I've emailed Robertsons Composites and awaiting a reply. Does anyone have other suggestions? I don't want wood of any kind. I don't want a full blown tactical stock just something useful as an allround rifle. Short to medium range. Budget of about $400-450NZD max.

Thanks

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    I have a high tech on a model 7, nice stock once finished (they need sanded, bedded, painted...). They are quite similar to a McMillan Remington Mountain Rifle style stock.
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Hey fellas

Try this guy Jason in Balclutha

ozarkoutdoors2010@hotmail.com

Getting me my long awaited Duramaxx for the Savage 12 from the US.

Normie,
    You could try Jim @ Aftermarket Innovations for the Bell and Carlson option. He's easy to deal with and ships to NZ

Ray

I too want the same thing. Hightech is USD$300 shipped out of the states, everything else was too expensive, or unable to get. Local composites do a full carbon fibre stock for the howa, but at $800 its a little steep for me. Im most likely getting a hightech, or a boyds, not sure which way I am going yet.

Quote Originally Posted by wsm junkie View Post
    Normie,
    You could try Jim @ Aftermarket Innovations for the Bell and Carlson option. He's easy to deal with and ships to NZ

Ray
    +1

Whats worse, is that Boyds does a really nice looking walnut stock for the howa, but its $119 USD, so they wont shop it... Nutmeg it is I guess...

Wait for a sale.

Do they have decent sales? How often do you know? I'd love a walnut one and get it chequered, but the chequering would have to be done here, as it will increase the package to well over $100. ( I emailed them, and that's what they replied with)

Every 6 months or so, check the crazy deals too Howa come up discounted in there but not that often

Mint Will check regularly, im in no real rush, so its all good.