Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Hunting with an SKS

my wife has as sks, dragunov stock for extra pull length. compact 4x32.
    i have owned a few over the years, best one i had was a restored ruski one, made the norinco 56 and mini 30 look like crap when the groupings were compared.

I've personally found the 16" versions to be of better build quality than most of the late 20" ones. My mate recently sold his and it was fairly decent actually had really nice looking wood. My one had terrible wood but I couldnt fault it funtionally. I could count on one hand the stoppages I had over probably 2000 rounds, before I got into AR's.

Watch the guncity $1 reserve auctions. If you're patient, you can pick one up for under $300. I believe if you win an auction, you can head into the store and take your pick.

I've had a Russian one and a couple of Norinco ones to compare, and with the examples I had, the Russian one was certainly better. The receiver machining was smoother, while the Norinco ones had obvious tooling marks everywhere, including on the sliding surfaces. You could feel the difference when pulling the bolt back. Both cycle fine with cheap Barnaul steel ammo, but the Russian one felt nicer.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

northdude
    Cheap rugged and reliable is what you get anything extra is a bonus I had one good rifle for what it was

most of the dings and dents can be pulled out by using a wet tea towel over the damage and carefully using a clothes iron to swell the wood out, takes awhile but most of the damage will come out.
    but hell its a soviet/chinese military rifle not a holland & holland