Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: import from USA

Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    It's not like the hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of privately imported guns and parts are just snuck in while customs and NZ post look the other way.
    This seems to be exactly what it is, barring the customs part. Customs isn't the issue...as long as you have the right permits (where necessary), everthing is totally legit on that side.

NZ Post is very clear about not allowing firearms/parts in their network: https://www.nzpost.co.nz/home/sendin...ohibited-items

And I confirmed with their customer services that this also applies to inbound goods from overseas: "Unfortunately firearms and firearms parts are prohibited in New Zealand Post's network, which for inbound items includes the air carrier, our processing facilities and domestic carriers. While we acknowledge that some items come in without consequence, New Zealand Post cannot and will not consciously facilitate the carriage of these items, including transferring them to a third party for delivery."

Look on any international carrier's website (DHL, Fedex, TNT, etc.) and talk to their NZ customer services and you'll find the exact same thing — "No, we don't ship any firearms or firearms parts internationally, no exceptions, sorry".

It's not that it doesn't happen, just that it's not supposed to.

Who here has imported shipments large enough ($1,000+) to require full customs brokerage via USPS / NZ Post? If they will broker these goods, knowing full well what they are, then clearly the "don't care" policy goes beyond simply "don't ask".

Who here has imported shipments large enough ($1,000+) to require full customs brokerage via USPS / NZ Post? If they will broker these goods, knowing full well what they are, then clearly the "don't care" policy goes beyond simply "don't ask".
    Me (4 times) and again a non issue. Courier left everything on my door step
    RampantSprouts likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by RampantSprouts View Post
    You don't need them to act as a broker for you. Just get a client code and Customs will bill you directly.

You seem to be refusing to accept the FACT that all of the LEGAL shipments of firearms and parts come through the normal means of international shipping.

Continuing to seek "clarification" of a companies policies will only lead to frustration and increased hassles.

Guide to ordering online:

Just order your stuff and let the people who deliver everybody else's stuff, deliver yours.

PS,
    Don't call up NZPost when you get your stuff and question them on why they are not adhering to their own policies.
    mikee, steven, Banana and 1 others like this.

If anyone wants samples I can put up what I have written on the forms and an example letter.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Did the letter work?

Quote Originally Posted by Banana View Post
    Did the letter work?
    Seems so, Brownells seem happy and had no issue with me not providing an import permit and just a letter saying i didnt need one. Of course the fly in the ointment may yet be passing through NZ customs. Currently asking Brownells if I can get special orders on some things like lower build kits sans pistol grip.

But your export license hasn't been approved yet?

Not yet, no.