Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Kimber Adirondack review .308

You have had this rifle a little while now, have you taken it into the field yet? If so how did it go?
    Danny likes this.

would find the stock a bit hard on the eyes,,crossed eyes

Nga
    Heading in for a 5 day mid winter solo hunt in a few weeks, I'll post my finding then, also a real world review on the javelin bipod which I'm not so sure about at the mo....
    Roses are red
    Bacon is red
    Poems are hard
    Bacon.

Just been reading all the posts on this thread. I see @Nga has not updated so... I am expecting an Adirondack to arrive in a couple of days. Give me a few weeks to sort my shite out and I will comment on my thoughts on 6.5 Creedmoor accuracy. I'm not a shooter by any means (get the wobbly boot) when shooting off hand but achieved a 5 x group x10mm @ 100m with a Titan 6 in 308 yesterday usng 150GR Core-Lokt off a bi-pod, so bloody happy. It's reasonably light and the only way I could tighten it up was applying light downward pressure on the scope

Nga
    Sold the rifle a while ago and now have a T3X lite with 15" barrel and suppressed in 308, I treat my rifles pretty rough in the bush and decided i did not want to risk wrecking the finish, resale value etc....
    Roses are red
    Bacon is red
    Poems are hard
    Bacon.

The stock finish is the weakest feature on those specialty Kimbers, lasts about as long as toilet paper in a good rain...
    Nga likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FRST View Post
    The stock finish is the weakest feature on those specialty Kimbers, lasts about as long as toilet paper in a good rain...
    so no good for bush hunting in most of NZ then
    Nga likes this.

57JL
    same with my Forbes dragging it around in the tight bush it don,t look so flash anymore, but looks aren,t everything still shoots good its a bush gun
    as her in doors says about me not bad for an ugly fuck
    Last edited by 57jl; 02-06-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Gkp
    Hey there, I have a 308 mountain ascent with 18 inch barrel. Loves factory 168 a max superformance.

Hi Good review. i have two Kimbers one mountain asent 280AI and the Adirondack in 6.5 creedmore great wee gun.
    Im wanting to add a 308 to my kimber colection as im hunting the bush alot more now, I bought a T3 superlight cut it down to 16.5 and dan hardy supressor VX3i CDS thqat was before the lockdown and the roar so never realy got used its still new dont like the feel of it so will sell and get another kimber I want to just run shop ammo for the 308 if possible what ammo grouped in the adirondack 308?

Hey Codfish, I have had one of the Adirondack's in 308 as my go to rifle for a number of years now. As others have said the finish is a weakpoint, mine is has completely rubbed off in many places (plain white grey colour in those places now). However to be fair it has done LOTS of time in the wet. I would just go for a standard Montana if looks after a few years are of a concern to you. As far as what factory ammo the Adirondack likes, the Hornady Superformance 150grain sst load shoots very well in my rifle. However I tend to use a 110grain ttsx handload mostly as the 150grain load gets a bit rowdy in this featherweight rifle.

Im a fan of the plain battle ship grey that comes on the montana.

If you wanted to be tight fisted you could always pick up a Kimber hunter in 308 and drop it in one of your carbon fiber stocks while you are using it
    its something im hoping to do when I find a 6.5creed hunter at a sharp price
    Calikiwi likes this.

MAC
    Hi , I got myself a Kimber Hunter M84 in .308 last year, groups great, seems to love Winchester 150gr SP, put a suppressor on for the kick as its superlight and that's done the trick.
    Kimber fan.
    cheers n beers
    Bill999 likes this.

My Montana 308 is still my ‘go to’, ergonomics and trigger flawless, barrel scopes and shoots well.

To be honest if I was in your shoes Codfish I would just get the Montana. Im not sure what the price differential between the Adirondack and Montana is these days but when they first came out it was substantial. Don't get me wrong I love my Adirondack but I have owned a couple Montanas as well and in my opinion they were equally good. I mean what do you get for the extra money you spend on the Adirondack? A fluted bolt and factory shortened barrel? I also had a Montana in 243 for a good chunk of the period I have had my Adirondack and the weight difference between the two was negligible and there was no stock issues on the Montana.