Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Mae 6-30 ST advice needed

Hi, anyone out there give me some advise on this muzzle forward can?

I'm a new shooter planning to put it on my 308 yet to fire, its cheaper than all others I've seen so far and I would only use it on the range when I get to that part. Price is a big factor and I'm happy as long as it takes away some recoil and the loud whip.

Cheers, T

I run 3x of this can , but they are on heavy barrel 308s , and not lite hunting rigs , I think they are very hard to beat for the money , thats why I have 3x , all SS , quite solid and should last a while , its not a super lite can ,so only you can decide if the weight is OK

That's great info, mine is a r700 varmint with the 26 inch heavy barrel in a chassis system made to shoot targets so weight is no issue, I don't hunt and not with this rig. What thread do you have on the heavy barrel 18X1?

Its up to you , I have used 5/8 x24 , 18x1, & 18x1.5mm , depends on you , just use what suits the barrel dia , remember you want a reasonable shoulder/thickness left after threading , this more than anythng else will determine the size for you, 5/8 is good on varmint types , and the others for target /thicker barrels etc .
    The 5/8 is a std USA thread , the 18x1 is the std Sako thread & the 18x1.5mm is Accuracy Internationals .

Later Chris

I had one on a 308 knocked the recoil down atleast half and sounded like a 22 magnum