Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: MAE Ar Suppressor ?

MAE Ar Suppressor ?

Going to suppress my CMMG for hunting, pest control and maybe the odd 3 gun if i can be bothered finishing B cat.
    Started looking at the Waitaki and liked what I saw, but when compared to a DPT noise wise the DPT won. Have been in contact with DTP and thoughts that their cans might be too light for what I am going to do.
    Found this MAE model that doesn't look half bad.
    Has to be muzzle forward due to hand guard and barrel taper. And don't want to be spending too much
    Anybody had any experience with them?

The 224 ST has been developed for the recreational or commercial shooter where high output and or exposure to harsh environments are a daily occurrence. This model will fit on even the shortest barrel lengths with only a minimum of 0.59" (15mm) barre

MAE stuff is generally solid as, well made but heavier than some of the alternatives.

Thats my impression. now that a lot of members have ARs I'm still to hear of someone using them. Hense my hesitation.

How do your like your CMMG?

Really like it. Lightweight and streamlined. Put 20 rounds in a 1.5" circle in no time at all. I think it is probably best value for money in terms of AR atm. But i may be slightly bias

Yeh that is what has always put me off them. But this model is only 350g for a full steel construction. It is the same size as a DPT can which uses alloy with steel baffles, and the same weight. So it is looking good if it is comparable size weight wise but can also take a beating. How do you find yours for noise reduction

Mk4 RCE with the 16" barrel? Is that a chrome moly or a stainless barrel?

Yep thats the one. Stainless i believe

Cheers

I've got a MAE on my DPMS 308 and while not the lightest it is very well built and the noise reduction is very good in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Its sounding better and better. Might have to make the jump. And for $250 I'm sure i can't go too wrong

I have a couple muzzle forward models , very impressed at the quality and cost , they are not light , if thats your main concern , but are 100% stainless steel , I have 2 on a couple of 308s they cost $230 each , and a 22mag model on my 22hornet $190 , alot of bang for your buck , I like them alot .

Later Chris

Cheers Chris. I probably should have updated this thread a day or two ago. my MAE suppressor arrived and am really pleased with it. Incredibly slim and not too long (20cm). Weight is comparable with DPT, Hardy etc at 330g. you can tell it is build like a tank and fit and finish is fantastic. Also customer service from Gary at MAE has got to be the best experience I have ever had. I did not like MAE before this as i always thought they produced long, heavy clubs rather than suppressors, but this has changed my opinion. Hope the sound suppression is as good as the service and quality. Will post a pic or vid when i can get around to it

Yeap , Gary is very good , if some one is interested in getting a MAE can , just call them on the phone , and they will get you sorted out , very good service .
    They have a website , but no online ordering , so just call them .

Later Chris

Pics? Have you shot it yet? Keen to hear what you think.....