Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Pengy
  • 1 Post By MAJOR F
  • 1 Post By Whisper
  • 1 Post By hunter308
  • 1 Post By rambo-6mmrem
  • 1 Post By Philipo
  • 1 Post By rambo-6mmrem
  • 1 Post By GWH

Thread: Marlin X7

Marlin X7

Was wondering what peopled thoughts were on the marlin x7 and there experiences with them as I was looking at getting one for a first time rifle.

I have one in 243 and although I would class it as kind of entry level, mine hasn't let me down in 4/5 years.
    I love the two stage trigger.
    Southhunter likes this.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

i had 2 and still have one a stainles 25.06 its my main go to truck gun great trigger good shooter i was surprised how accurate it is i think they are the best buy in that price bracket ,
    Southhunter likes this.

I have a blued 25-06 and it's accurate and value for money. I don't like the blind magazine or the plastic follower but it's accurate out of the box and at that price i can't really complain (too much)
    Southhunter likes this.

Buy it you won't regret it
    Southhunter likes this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

I had one in 223 I sold it because the top load mag was to hard to load with my big fingers but that's me not the rifle.....
    the rifle its self was yes entry level not the smoothest gun in the world understandable at the $700 price point your not goanna buy gold for the price of tin however it had a great trigger and it was bloody accurate it could hold a 1/2 inch group at 100 all day long with hand loads

I put it into a boyeds stock and it was better than the flimsy plastic one

I now have the ruger cheepy as it has a detach mag which is better for me but to be honest I don't like the rifle as much as the marlin but its fine for the use I have for it

at that $700-$800 mark the x7 is 100% the best option I have played with the marlin, ruger, savage, remingtion bugget rifles and marlin is the best
    Southhunter likes this.

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Yup have to agree with what everyone else said, I brought one when they first came out as a "fill in" bush rifle in 308, great value & shot really well for a budget rifle & their "safety blade" trigger worked well for a scrub gun
    Southhunter likes this.
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

the safety trigger its a great safe trigger takes a bit of getting used to but awesome once used to it they all have similar triggers well the marlin,ruger and savage do cant remember about the remi 770 been ages since ive shot one but I can tell you out of the 4 main cheep rifles marlin,ruger,savage,Remington the Remington is the one that I would not buy the other 3 are ok rifles for the money and its more or less comes down to fondling them in the gun shop and finding which one suits you they are all muchness in muchness really..... but in my opinon the marlin has a slight edge over the other 3
    Southhunter likes this.

GWH
    I got one as my first big game rifle a few years back, it has been a bloody good rifle, very accurate (3 touching at 100 yds with my handloads) has accounted for many animals. All in all very good value for money and hard to go wrong with them.

Even tho i have other rifles as well now, i wont sell the Marlin as it shoots so well, keep it there as a spare/loaner.
    Southhunter likes this.

Agreed - got a Marlin 308 as part of a swap deal a while back and was quite surprised with the features it had for and entry level rifle - adjustable trigger, fluted bolt, recessed crown, pillar bedding etc. Didn't keep that one as had no use for 308 then - but have just acquired another in 243. Looking forward to giving it a range test. Was happy to buy another of these XS7s as they have a reputation for v good accuracy for your buck.

Like mudgripz, I got mine in a swap. No longer have it as I didn't need it. But like everyone else I was very impressed. Very accurate. Good option for an entry level rifle.

the only other thing I would say is if you are buying one for hunting spend the extra $100 and buy the stainless one

stainless is less care not no care you still need to look after it but don't have to be as anal as with chrome molly (blued barrel)

also makesure you buy a scope worth having to