Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree831Likes

Thread: The model 7 in your life

Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Gibo, what program did you print your drop chart from? Ta
    I emailed the table from my shooter ap on my phone at 5mph then again at 10.
    Copied what i wanted into excel then cloured it all. Mucked around with the scale until it was the right size then printed it.
    Happy to whip you up something if you wanted
    GWH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    I emailed the table from my shooter ap on my phone at 5mph then again at 10.
    Copied what i wanted into excel then cloured it all. Mucked around with the scale until it was the right size then printed it.
    Happy to whip you up something if you wanted
    Phew. Way over my head Thats a kind offer.
    GWH and Huk like this.

PM inbound

To float barrel or not? I have a older model in blued sythentic in 7mm08. It gets 3 shot groups measuring 1" at 100yds, using 44.5gn 2209 and 139gn Sierra Pro Hunters. Have had similar groupings with 139gn SST's and 139gn Hornady spbt. Have been shooting off sand bags. It was in near new condition when I aquired it, I doubt it had shot more than 20 rounds or so. After 100 + from me, it still copper fouls badly. Should I lap the barrel? I wondering if I should float the barrel to try and squeeze out any more prescision.

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by septic View Post
    To float barrel or not? I have a older model in blued sythentic in 7mm08. It gets 3 shot groups measuring 1" at 100yds, using 44.5gn 2209 and 139gn Sierra Pro Hunters. Have had similar groupings with 139gn SST's and 139gn Hornady spbt. Have been shooting off sand bags. It was in near new condition when I aquired it, I doubt it had shot more than 20 rounds or so. After 100 + from me, it still copper fouls badly. Should I lap the barrel? I wondering if I should float the barrel to try and squeeze out any more prescision.
    I'd give it a good polish out with autosol first before doing anything else.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Bro you should buy that laminate stock im selling on here. Your barrel will be free floating all the way and its bedded

@GWH process for doing that? I seen videos of it done with a parker hale jag with Kroil and autosol.

R93
    They have fore end pressure for a reason. Especially with original barrels.

I wouldn't float it unless buying a new chassis.

I did one with original stock and made it worse. Bedding it helped but once I bought a new stock it shot to its potential.

Others may have had a better experience. I am thinking of buying one for my son. He likes the blaser a bit much but I dont like sharing it.😆

He will have his FAL soon so need to get him his own rifle.

Love the model 7. Make a great first rifle I reckon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

GWH
    @GWH process for doing that? I seen videos of it done with a parker hale jag with Kroil and autosol.
    I would give the barrel a good strip out with Gunslick foaming bore cleaner first, (maybe twice) to strip everything out of it. Then i use a 'loop' ended jag like this...

Name:  loop jag.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  4.8 KB

and put a piece of 4x2 cloth thru it, smear autosol on the cloth, then insert it into the bore from the breach end, and work it back and forth. I normally just concentrate on the 1st third of the barrel first, then do it again working on the middle third, then again on the last third. working it back and forth several times.

Be careful when working on the last third not to push right out the muzzle and pull back thru, dont want to risk damaging the crown.

Then once youve done that, give it a good clean again to strip out all the autosol residue. You should now be able to notice that you can push a patch thru the barrel with less resistance after polishing the bore.

This procedure has restored rifles to shooting well again after accuracy had gone off bigtime. It will also hopefully stop yours fouling so bad.

@GWH any kits mate you could recommend? At this stage cleaning a gun for me is as simple as running a bore snake through it

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    They have fore end pressure for a reason. Especially with original barrels.

I wouldn't float it unless buying a new chassis.

I did one with original stock and made it worse. Bedding it helped but once I bought a new stock it shot to its potential.

Others may have had a better experience. I am thinking of buying one for my son. He likes the blaser a bit much but I dont like sharing it.��

He will have his FAL soon so need to get him his own rifle.

Love the model 7. Make a great first rifle I reckon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    And in GWH's case a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th....
    GWH likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmay View Post
    What's the rough cost of one landed @Uplandstalker
    Think it way NZ$320 landed on the door step.

All done

Name:  20170627_173706.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  702.8 KB
    Name:  20170627_173646.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  979.5 KB
    Name:  20170627_173633.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  868.5 KB
    Timmay, GWH, Gibo and 2 others like this.

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by Uplandstalker View Post
    Looks great

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    Uplandstalker likes this.

Fark that's nice. Did you paint it? What's the details?
    GWH and Uplandstalker like this.