Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree831Likes

Thread: The model 7 in your life

Love my Stug stock model 7 in 7mm08. Has Z6i 2-12 scope, lightweight everything - bolt, pin, mounts, suppressor and shoots 120gn into 0.5MOA.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post

This one pushes 162 A-maxs at 3040fps, is light enough for me and shoots 1/2 moa out to 1000yrds.

That is excellent - I have an R93 in 7mmRM I am working on with a 162gn load....wouldn't need it with a nice light model 7 7mmSAUM that shoots that well.
    7mmsaum likes this.

1/2 Moa at 1000m ?
    Is that a typo .

Deer (8inch kill zone)
    Man that gun must be good for 4km ! Hehe
    "Chokes make differnces in inches and targets are missed by feet."

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MMBR View Post
    1/2 Moa at 1000m ?
    Is that a typo .

Deer (8inch kill zone)
    Man that gun must be good for 4km ! Hehe
    1/2 MOA at that range would be approx 5-6 inches by my reckoning, very feasible.
    CBH Australia likes this.

Hopefully we all get to see this shooter in action at the queens next year.
    "Chokes make differnces in inches and targets are missed by feet."

Got load development done for my Roessler WSM by @7mmsaum and he got it shooting a 9" group at 1000yrds so I don't doubt it!

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireflite View Post
    Got load development done for my Roessler WSM by @7mmsaum and he got it shooting a 9" group at 1000yrds so I don't doubt it!
    I have no doubts at all, he shoots a lot further than 1k. My own model 7 in 7mmSAUM can shoot 1/2 -3/4 MOA all day long at 500 yards (havnt pushed it out past 600 yet tho) Andrew (7mmsaum knows his shit, he does a lot of preparation and gets the results) He has done work for me, and he is a perfectionist, we can learn a lot from people like him adding value to this forum.
    puku, Tahr, camo wsm and 3 others like this.

What good thread, it got me thinking back passed my memory limits ( had to look in diary )
    18 years ago i was shooting a deer almost every weekend down clements and my hearing was going at an alarming rate. This being way before gun mufflers i needed a smaller gun. So one weekend hunting army rd i meet a taupo hunter with a short, super light, sika slaying, heat seeking M7 in that newish 7mm08 caliber. I dreamed about that gun and even though i couldnt afford one i went to the sika show to look for one. I couldnt believe my luck when the second person i see was said taupo hunter leaving the Browning stand after just ordering a new A bolt. After a quick catch up and hows your father i was the proud new owner of the M7 destroyer.
    I hunted for ten years with with it and shot many critters, only buying the 1st nz Sako M75 finnlite in 7mm08 because i could afford it not because it was betterName:  CCF19112015_00001.jpg
Views: 1790
Size:  851.6 KB
    Last edited by 338 man; 19-11-2015 at 11:15 PM.

some other photos i couldnt add to post at the timeName:  CCF19112015_00000.jpg
Views: 1784
Size:  769.8 KB
    7mmsaum, Tahr, nor-west and 8 others like this.

Great posts @338 man

northdude
    not quite a 7 but its the closest ive got second from bottom a tack driving 788 222Name:  guns 003.jpg
Views: 1831
Size:  840.5 KB
    CBH Australia likes this.

Love my little M7 stainless in 260 Rem, shoots 120 AMAX into ragged holes and despite what the doubters say about the 1-9" twist not being able to stabilise anything over 130gr it shoots 139gr Scenars into .6MOA and holds .6MOA out to 635 yards (the furthest I can shoot currently untill we harvest a crop paddock soon and I can stretch the range out past 800)

Wee video I made a while back....

http://youtu.be/cCy4tmvSoRA
    Last edited by Ryan_Songhurst; 20-11-2015 at 09:17 AM.
    7mmsaum, GWH, Danny and 1 others like this.

Is that 222 a Remington 788 ? Very tidy anyway to look at, great wee shooters. I love mine.
    Gibo likes this.
    Ya can't park there mate.

northdude
    yep it is I personally prefer darker wood but it shoots better than I can so ill leave it alone I think its bedded as well

Another 8pt jap that that fell to the super model 7. mine shot five 8 point japs before i realized i needed a stainless synthetic rifle to kill a deer. ( stupid youth and hunting & fishing catalogs )
    2002 in the otapua. the party before us told of a stag that roared every night so my mate and i ate breaky in the dark on the airstrip without a word, listening, hoping. Then just before daylight he started up but like the previous party we couldnt really pinpoint it.
    Unlike the others though we never lost patience and sat there having many brews, listening,pointing at the hills and planing the stalk. The plan changed many times until well after sunup we were sure we knew where he was. It was a shame that he had finally stopped roaring but we didnt want to waste our good work and set off after him.
    It was prob close to 10am when we stalked up to the spur we had pinpointed and as he was well bedded up he heard/saw us and did the vapour trail thing. It was only my mates squeaks that slowed him up but that was enough as i had boosted up the ridge and through the scope i could make him out behind some scrub, one shot through the ribs and he was ours. While not being the biggest stag we have shot its one of the best hunts we have had together. ( me & M7 not my mate )Name:  CCF21112015_00000.jpg
Views: 1643
Size:  693.1 KB
    Timmay, nor-west, Gibo and 1 others like this.