Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

New QD can from ODL

Hi Guys ,

Heres a pic of the new QD can by ODL , the brake or flash hider is SS 5/8x24 thread for a 308 class rifle or less , they are available now ( the flash hiders ) and the cans are to follow soon .

I think a 223 version will be close behind it ?

This can slips over the hider/brake and looks like it rotates about 1,5 revs and is locked into posn by a rachet mech on to teeth cut on the outside edge of the hider/brake .

Later Chris

Opps , go to website , to see better pic of the flash hider , cnc from SS 15-5

@ChrisF

Approx cost?

Would this fir on an AR15 5.56mm with a rethread to 5/8x24?

I would talk to Bert about what you want , the flash hider( $200 ) does not need to be timed , the brake ( $220 )version does , I think those are the prices for the rachet muzzle devices , do not have a price on the can , the specs are 3/4-24 & 5/8-24 threads for 7.62 & 1/2-28 for 5.56 , OAL is 189mm , dia is 38.5 , Wt is 170gms ,

Thanks will get in touch with him.

Did he complete his A2 QD design?

I think he did make a A2 flashider QD mount , BUT , I think he has come to the realisation it as not as good as a mount system as having your own flash hider/brake design for the QD can to mount onto .

The flash hider model is the lightest of the two , and it also is 1 Db quitier than the brake , the brake needs to be timed/clocked in the right posn , so it needs different shim/washers to orientate , the flash hider needs none as it does not need to be timed/clocked .

cheers