Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By southernman
  • 1 Post By Bagheera
  • 1 Post By kiwijames

Thread: New Sako 85 takedown,

New Sako 85 takedown,

http://www.p-d-ent.com/images/sako_85_exige.png

http://www.p-d-ent.com/images/sako_85_exige_blued.png
    85 Exige (Blued) $2695, available in 30-06 Springfield or 308 Winchester
    85 Exige (Stainless) $2799, available in 308 Winchester, 300 Win Mag, 338 Win Mag, 375 H&H and 7mm Rem Mag
    85 Blackwolf $2585, available in 260 Remington, 308 Winchester, 300 Win Mag and 7mm Rem Mag
    Only rifles that are pre-ordered will be available. These rifles will not be regular stock items. Contact us to place your order!

Just seen these advertised,
    yea, Can't even find info at Sako, on the net.

Think I might, place an order, for one in stainless 308, or perhaps 7mm or 300 mag, mulling over whats most versatile, at the moment,
    feature of the week at P&D enterprises, Canada, if any one wants to see the add,

Hmmm might, no point going with a calibre that needs a long barrel I guess

Be interesting to see how it goes with POI change if any. Otherwise just remove the stock off your normal Sako 85?? Not really a true take-down imo.

res
    Was excited by the name, but fail to see what this does better than just taking the stock off
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback for Sako-Beretta

I expect this is a concept model put up to test the market.

Takedown is not what the Sako 85 is about.

The whole thing would have to be heavier than the standard rifle, specially the big metal cap on the pistol grip and the bedding block.

The cosmetic side pieces extending over the action from fore and aft will warp and collect debris. The foreend attachment looks flimsy (very un-sako).

I took my stock off a few weeks ago and shots came back within 0.2 MRad and that's with the plastic stock and floating ally bedding block. That's not really what the 85 is designed to do either, but a better concept for Sako would be a removable remountable one piece stock with torque tool to either carbonlite or fixed aluminium bedding block with MOA (0.3 MRad) return to zero guarantee.

A fully modular "Sako 95" could be designed from scratch to compete with Blaser and other european takedowns and that would be crash hot.
    But of course they need to avoid the low margin aftermarket standardisation of the RPR, AI and AR platforms.
    Selling interchangeable Sako buttstocks would be much appreciated too; a couple of different palm swell locations (long finger/short finger) and a narrow neck (all hand shapes) pistol grip, with two different cheekpiece height models, and elegant length spacers would be a worthwhile innovation in useablity.
    Fireflite likes this.

@Bagheera, I have had similar experience with my Sakos removing the stock typically results in less than 1MOA in POI shift and that is without a torque tool.

Personally, I want a sako 85 two stage trigger without having to butcher my stock to fit a TRG one... the Tikka t3x-Tac1 has one...
    You cannot miss fast enough!
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GPREventsNZ
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/sgil045

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Ew ew ew ew ewwwww!
    Sweet Jesus, thats ugly
    rossi.45 likes this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds