Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: New Suppressor...who from?

Quote Originally Posted by FletchNZ View Post
    ODL - Oceania Defence, Novel Weapon System Solutions

Lightest quietest titanium suppressors.
    Lightest one is 20g less than a DPT I see, and better for sustained semi-auto fire if thats your thing - well over double the price though!

Want to spend lots? Get a titanium from Bert at Tagar Metals mount maunganui, smaller and lighter
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Mate got a Hardys on his .243, noise suppression was ok but the way the gun was treated wasnt, a rough as thread was done that had chips out of the threading and the plastic but of the pistol grip was broken off, it was returned taped up and glue oozing out from around it.

Quote Originally Posted by savageshooter View Post
    A gent at the range on sat had and SSR job on a 243, he had an issue with one that the internal thread broke away causing baffle strikes. I think he said this one was the replacement.
    I didnt risk taking off the muffs as there were too many shooters, but all I could hear was a FFFFFFFfffffft! sound, he didnt stick around to chck it out more but it seemed pretty quiet.
    Got a gunworks dualium on my 308 myself. they make them an inch? longer than when I got mine now I think.
    Ignore this.......wasnt all that great. Saw the bloke again...plus he round out of adjustment on the scope with the can on...weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibo View Post
    It will be lighter than my 750gram stainless MAE But shit its quiet
    You didn't confuse your can for your car muffler did you?

Sent from my work bench
    BRADS likes this.
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Want to spend lots? Get a titanium from Bert at Tagar Metals mount maunganui, smaller and lighter
    Tell us some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Remmagged View Post
    I wish I'd spent the extra and got one of Dan's new models; rather than a dpt..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This week end saw Hardy latest and prior model to that. Latest on X Bolt and older model on T3.First deer on Friday shot @200m. It seemed non plussed with first shot as it peered around some manuka and pine. Next shot at base of neck and flipped in air. Next nite both shooting at stag @300m down a very steep gully. Both seemed very quiet. First shots were abysmal but then both hit lungs.I was to side and calling the shots.Neither of the cans sounded different i.e. no great difference to them.Both did job.The XBolt did not have any shortening. My son and me preferred if it was chopped an inch.[balance wise]Pills were 55gr Barnes and 53gr Sierra.
    Drewski likes this.