Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Night Vision scope

PS Spanners, did you activate Sumlight? Most newbies to Digisights don't.

Cool

Name:  digisight-deer.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  268.1 KB

N750 Digisight, AR15 6.5 Grendel, dead deer.

If this was a Gen3, there would be 6 dead deer

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Optics NZ View Post
    Yeh, but why would you compare performance alone between Gen3 and a Digital system that is 1/3 price or less.
    You are right.
    I should have compared it to Chinese gear at 1/3 of the price of it with the same performance.

Are you trying to say that all the guys shooting rabbits, pigs and deer with our Digisights around New Zealand are lying about what their results?
    'Out to 500m...' As thrown around. Yes I am
    Hey end of the day you can go to the drags in mums Honda city and still make passes.

Even an average Gen2+ is twice the price of a Digisight. But if you were intelligent, you would be able to understand price v performance v usefulness in a product. I doubt you would shoot any more with a Gen3 that a Digisight. But you would know this if you actually did any NV hunting, instead of spending all your evenings on this forum.
    That's nothing more than a justification you are putting on a product YOU sell.
    Reality is; It works... Just Not very well... And Is cheaper than something that does work well
    My evenings spent here are actually my afternoons as I'm 1/2 way around the world at work.

The fact is, heaps of people use our stuff, and get great results. It's only the likes of you that resent this because you wish to remain the NV elite. The reality is, I am making night vision hunting accessible for more people, at an affordable price. Many of these guys are farmers who don't want to spend more than a couple of grand.
    Fact is you're trying to pedal your wares here, and to do so requires paying for a banner or your own section
    The reality is its poor mans NV- you draw to it above.
    Ever used a old Sony handycam with NV function and a IR torch?

I don't say that Gen3 is shit compared to Thermal, because I am intelligent enough to know that everything has an application within its price bracket.

I am away for a few days, so I guess you will have a free reign with your B.S.
    Thermal and gen3 NV are 2 completely different applications in the same price bracket.
    If you were 'intelligent enough' you would know that thermal and nv are most often used together complementing each other when night hunting.

As I said above, if you want to pedal your wares here then you'll need to pay for advertising

This is my last comment.

When I made the Gen3 - thermal comment, I was talking about rifle sights. You wouldn't use a thermal sight and a Gen3 sight at the same time. That's silly.

I realise that a thermal monocular/bi-oculer would be used with a rifle sight for spotting, because we sell them together all the time.

What I have said all along is that not everyone can afford really expensive NV. We have Gen3 gear coming in this spring, but I'm not going to stop me selling the lower priced kit, because there are heaps of guys out there, and on this forum, who don't want to spend loads of cash.

At the moment, we are targeting Govt agencies with our range of thermal systems, which meant that we had to put the Gen3 on the back-burner. I don't dispute Gen3 is great, I'm about to invest a load of cash on the stuff soon.

We are in the process of having a banner on this forum, but I don't intend to peddle the stuff here, I don't have time. I only jumped in on these threads because people were rubbishing our equipment, without any qualification regarding price, performance, and usefulness. It's my family's livelyhood. Surley you understand that?

I haven't bothered to read properly your comments about camcorders, cars etc, because I've been working my arse-off all day, and I'm leaving for a ferry at 6.00am in the morning. I haven't packed yet.

It's been interesting communicating with you. But I have to go, OK?

*doesn't have time to read Spanners post*

*spends time writing a long reply about how he doesn't have time to read it*