Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Nikko Stirling LR issues...

Quite right.

I'm Keen to sort this as best possible. My local store has always been good to me so I'll take credit on a Bushnell. Not a big issue unless the new owner makes it one.

good luck .. R
    without a picture . .. it never happened !

I was tempted a few years ago and got one... never again! The reticle started to rotate and like Greg says the optics aren't the best.

Like Phillipo says, spend the dollars and get a decent scope, you'll never regret buying quality.

Any thoughts on the Bushnell Trophy Extreme lads? Got a store credit that I'd like to use on something I can see through at 16+ power....
    Dead is better likes this.

Banned
    Might be ok..I would pony up for an elite series or vortex viper, nikon monarch etc. Not a lot more but good glass and reliable dials on a budget. I don't know if they have them there but I had a Sightron Stac that was cheap at 800 and thoroughly reliable. If I were doing it again a vx3 is hard to beat for value.

Can't go that high right now. Bushnell will have to do.

The Bush is $629 compared to nearly 1k so that will have to wait!

Banned
    I know what you mean...I find it hard to work out how much I can spend without drawing the ire from my family.
    SlimySquirrel likes this.

It will have to do for now. If I go through the states in the next 12 months it will get upgraded.
    The engage series looks decent. $400 ish usd is ok too. Want some decent glass for the youngest so he can actually see through the scope without pissing about with head position too much... I'll have to wait and buy the Nightforce I sold to Doc Watson back when he sells it!!

I've been shooting a mates 303-22 that has one mounted and Im not dissatisfied with the glass and twisty bits. Yeah its not swaro etc. The big problem I've found is amount of elevation in the turret. (Not sure what they actually state, think from memory only 20moa for the 6-24) It has an "x" moa canted rail and even still to zero the thing we were left with no travel after not even traveling one full revolution from factory settings..

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Quote section 8 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 which states...

8 Guarantees as to fitness for particular purpose
    (1) Subject to section 41, the following guarantees apply where goods are supplied to a consumer:
    (a) that the goods are reasonably fit for any particular purpose that the consumer makes known, expressly or by implication, to the supplier as the purpose for which the goods are being acquired by the consumer; and
    (b) that the goods are reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which the supplier represents that they are or will be fit.

(2) Those guarantees do not apply where the circumstances show that—
    (a) the consumer does not rely on the supplier’s skill or judgment; or
    (b)it is unreasonable for the consumer to rely on the supplier’s skill or judgment.

(3) This section applies whether or not the purpose is a purpose for which the goods are commonly supplied.

(4) Part 2 gives the consumer a right of redress against the supplier where the goods fail to comply with any guarantee in this section.
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

Section 23 specifically states that the consumer (you) has the right to choose replacement or full refund of purchase price in cash. It also specifically says this cannot be satisfied by allowing the consumer to obtain other goods from the supplier (store credit).

So if they tell you they only do store credit then tell them to go take a flying fuck at the moon. The only exception to this is for a return where the purchaser changes their mind and the goods meet the requirements under the relevant sections of the CGA (not an issue in this case as the scope is not fit for purpose and also is not of acceptable quality, thus failing under sections 6 and 8)

If they give you any grief I am happy to ring them on your behalf and read them the riot act.
    SlimySquirrel likes this.
    "I heard Jesus did cocaine on a night out. Eyes wide-open, dialated, but he's fine now. And if his father ever finds out, then he'd probably knock his lights out...
    Gets a little messy in heaven "
    - Venbee

Hey, thanks man.

I'm all good though. I've ordered the Bushnell in.
    If I don't like it when I see it, then I'll keep the store credit and buy something else.
    Always keen to support the local guys when they look after me.

I'm actually thinking forward, in that this scope will end up on my young fellas rig when I can re buy something with really good glass so I want a scope that works well and retains decent clarity and eye relief for him.

Was looking at Pro Staff 7 scopes from Kenton Industries with a specific dial for the 73 eldm loads *when I develope them* for $419 USD as a good low priced scope for him if I end up selling the Bushnell and saving some coin... Or winning Powerball would also do.
    On a side note, I fondled a Bergara today.... They're nice. Very nice.

Popped in to pick up the Bushnell.

Went with the 6-24X50 with MOA 800 Reticle.

First impressions are that it is a lot better on 24x than the Nikko.

Eye relief seems decent too so it will get a crack next time I'm at the lodge..

I have a mate coming over from the USA in December so he will be getting a wee order before he arrives... I'm thinking Magneto speed, some kind of mid priced optic and the chargemaster lite.... time to start saving.
    gadgetman and Double Shot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimySquirrel View Post
    Hey, thanks man.

I'm all good though. I've ordered the Bushnell in.
    If I don't like it when I see it, then I'll keep the store credit and buy something else.
    Always keen to support the local guys when they look after me.

I'm actually thinking forward, in that this scope will end up on my young fellas rig when I can re buy something with really good glass so I want a scope that works well and retains decent clarity and eye relief for him.

Was looking at Pro Staff 7 scopes from Kenton Industries with a specific dial for the 73 eldm loads *when I develope them* for $419 USD as a good low priced scope for him if I end up selling the Bushnell and saving some coin... Or winning Powerball would also do.
    On a side note, I fondled a Bergara today.... They're nice. Very nice.
    Does that store give you a refund without having to buy another one?

I'm not sure.

I would assume that they are accountable to the "consumer rights act" like any other store.

I am happy with the outcome, so that is all I can ask for.