Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Online Leupold no go

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    With Nightforce I dont think it has much to do with ITAR resrictions more trying to protect their dealer networks.

Tracey Short threw his toys a while back about US based retailers selling NXZ's into NZ. It's not so easy to do now.
    Gahh. I really need to double check my posts before I submit. I meant NSX's.

I think it more to do with protecting the local factory appointed wholesalers/retailers (simalar thing happened with MINOX and Vortex at Cameraland NY). Sure some scopes are ITAR restricted but in the case of leupold I think they have put word around their US retailers not to export their products. Brownells will no longer ship Leupold products not even bases and that is not because they don't want to deal with NZ customers (they will ship you anything as long as they are legally able to do). Their response was that they are no longer able to export leupold products due to manufacturers instructions. So I'd make the most of whoever will ship if your wanting to import.

Well I'm absolutely not paying NZ local prices for Leupold products, ever.

Be very careful getting anything "reshipped" from inside the states there have been a few scam sites etc.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Well im absolutely not paying NZ rwtail prices for "any" scope let alone just leupold....

+1 I'll buy from NZ retailers when their price comes down from orbit

Quote Originally Posted by thedrunkfish View Post
    Be very careful getting anything "reshipped" from inside the states there have been a few scam sites etc.
    Yep - shit happens. Do your homework though, and things should be sweet. We've gotten a few electronic items (MP3 players, mainly) that Amazon and other retailers wouldn't ship. We went through a re-shipper in California (USA Address & Mail Forwarding), got the free shipping internally in the states, got the goods a week or so later. Added cost is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    +1 I'll buy from NZ retailers when their price comes down from orbit

Or if the service improves. Still waiting on quotes for PMII from Klaus Pommer from like 6 months ago. I'm never going to give you your inflated prices if you don't even make any effort to make a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Or if the service improves. Still waiting on quotes for PMII from Klaus Pommer from like 6 months ago. I'm never going to give you your inflated prices if you don't even make any effort to make a sale.
    I'm amazed you managed to get in touch with him in the first place

What I don't get is how some of these idiots get the agencies for some of the best gear going???

I could give you a few examples........
    Wirehunt likes this.

The Rifle Scope Store stills ships internationally. I asked him about one of the Leupold AR scopes a week ago and they didn't say it couldn't come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    I could give you a few examples........

Go ahead, there'll never be any incentive for people to give good service if we keep putting up with it
    Wirehunt likes this.

I did get in touch with Blaser Europe when I was having trouble with Staeger Sport. Its amazing how quickly things get actioned when you make recordings of phone calls available. Especially when the local agent swore black and blue he didnt say a heap of things during the course of said calls.......nek minnit.

Klaus Pommer is another example of someone that has a great agency yet seems completely uninterested in making any sales and has no idea what customer service is.

NZ Asia with Leupols scope.............yikes!!!

DED with NF scopes and what can only be described as price gouging.

Those are some of the ones I have had personal dealings with but I have heard of a heap of other examples as am I sure we all have.

My wife's going to the states in 6 weeks or so, can she bring a NF scope back with her? She's licensed.

Naracoorte South Australia/From South Canterbury
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    My wife's going to the states in 6 weeks or so, can she bring a NF scope back with her? She's licensed.
    Yes she can, no problems at all. She doesn't need to be licensed scopes aren't gun parts.

Parallel importing has its pro's and cons. You might save $1000 off the apparent price. Your postage will be like $150-$200 Then you'll get stung for gst and then pay $300. So you're seemingly up at least $500. If something goes wrong you're now in the poo. You now own a $2500 piece of useless trademe fodder. Naturally the local guy isnt going to want help as He hasn’t made any money at all. He's actually losing money just taking to you. That little serial code on it will be your undoing.
    Having invested so much in something so important, i reckon paying the extra 17% is worth it. Having your glass back inside of a fortnight is better than waiting 2 months